Jackson Memorial Hospital

www.jhsmiami.org
  www.jhsmiami.org
There are newer employer reviews for Jackson Memorial Hospital

JMH ..decent place to work.

Current Employee - CT Technologist in Miami, FL
Current Employee - CT Technologist in Miami, FL

I have been working at Jackson Memorial Hospital

Pros

That it is the largest health system in Dade county. Also, Level 3 trauma center . The hospital is currently well into a massive remodeling and spending cycle. The is really being reborn.

Cons

No free parking, little choices for food at night( cafeteria is closed), health bennifits could be cheaper, no child care.

Keep rebuilding the campus.

24 Other Employee Reviews for Jackson Memorial Hospital (View Most Recent)

JMH is a great hospital to receive excellent nursing experience!

Current Employee - Registered Nurse
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse

I have been working at Jackson Memorial Hospital

Pros

Jackson Memorial Hospital is a +1000 Bed, Level 1 Trauma, teaching, community hospital. Enough said. It is considered a pseudo-government job (<- My statement, it is not official or anything, it is what i think of it.) You have to do all the stuff to get in but you don't get the same government benefits. The benefits are still great, especially if you are single. I ended up paying like less than $20 bucks a paycheck for premium insurance (through the cobra act it equals $480/month). Premium dental (metlife), vision, $100,000 life insurance, short (after 2 weeks of no work, its only $400/week) and long term disability (takes effect after 6 months of no work). It is also one of the only south florida hospitals that has a nursing union. You also can get vested in their pension plan after 6 years. Good outside places to eat within walking distance.

Cons

Management is on the shaky side, depending on the unit. You also have to pay for parking. No discounts in the cafeteria. Food is also restaurant priced, cafeteria quality.

Learn how to work with your staff. Work with giving us our requested vacations, or try and work it out.

A+++

I worked at Jackson Memorial Hospital

Pros

Amazing place tow ork. I regret leaving !

Cons

Sometimes is noisy, but I do not mind that . It's Miami!

There are newer employer reviews for Jackson Memorial Hospital