Jackson National Life

Great

Current Employee - Internal Wholesaler in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Internal Wholesaler in Denver, CO

I have been working at Jackson National Life

Pros

Flexible, mgmt is concerned w/ employees, pay is good. They take very good care of their staff and seems as if they thrive on people advancing through the company

Cons

larger corporation, fits the stereotype. The work environment is hectic and disorganized in some instances. Seems as if some of the "little things" are overlooked

Management is doing a great job, would take a deeper look into the little things and give recognition. keep it up!

125 Other Employee Reviews for Jackson National Life (View Most Recent)

Disappointing, discouraging, and dysfunctional corporate culture

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I worked at Jackson National Life

Pros

The dining center is very good. The landscaping is lovely. Many of your colleagues will be quite congenial. The fitness center is small, but clean. The benefits are decent.

Cons

If you are looking for a stagnant, toxic organizational culture, Jackson is the place for you. If you're not disempowered by management, you'll surely be disappointed in the lack of collaboration. The work itself is stultifying. The conservative corporate climate is stifling, and the lack of tools, technology is limiting, and resources to do a good job are all but nonexistent. I don't write this as a disgruntled employee, rather, I share my honest, and forthright opinion about my disappointing experience. I know I am not alone. Jackson has a long way to go to strive to become the kind of place where people are drawn to work. The road ahead is long, and arduous. One can only hope that things will improve with time, and attrition.

Open your minds. Become more progressive. Listen to the counsel of the people you are paying to advise you. Empower people to do their jobs, and give them equal authority matched with the responsibility to do their job, and do it well. Communicate openly. Give people a chance to communicate with you.

Incompetent Management

Current Employee - Developer in Okemos, MI
    Current Employee - Developer in Okemos, MI

I have been working at Jackson National Life

Pros

The company is financially strong and enjoying solid financial sector success. There are many very talented people working at Jackson.

Cons

IT management is incompetent. No meaningful recognition for those who work are, produce high quality results and truly care. If you're not part of the "in" crowd with managers, good luck.

IT management is incompetent. They're technically sound and have a solid foundation from a technical perspective, but they're management skills are terrible.

There are newer employer reviews for Jackson National Life