Jacobs Associates

www.jacobssf.com
  www.jacobssf.com
There are newer employer reviews for Jacobs Associates

I am honored to work for this firm

I have been working at Jacobs Associates full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Top notch colleagues - everyone I have worked with and around are intelligent professionals; most are published, many have niche specialty experience, all have great attitudes and integrity. The leadership of the firm are high quality, inspirational individuals who are well respected in the industry and very down-to-earth.

Due to the specialty nature of the work Jacobs Associates does, many of the projects are high profile and technically challenging. There are numerous opportunities to learn and contribute on these projects.

I am totally satisfied with my total compensation package (benefits, salary, profit sharing, 401k matching, bonus, stock, and "volunteer time off").

When I joined Jacobs Associates after working for two other firms in the industry, one of my primary goals was to improve my work-life balance. All of my colleagues at JA have a great work-life balance. This has shown me that it is ok to work hard during the day and have a balanced life outside of work. I have never been happier at work!

Cons

HR has prepared a matrix outlining the criteria/requirements for promotions; but there seem to be additional unpublished factors that also determine if/when promotions occur. This is not a deal-breaker for me because I am very satisfied in my current role; but if you are impatient and expect rapid promotion, you might be disappointed.

10 Other Employee Reviews for Jacobs Associates (View Most Recent)

Challenging Work - Incredible People

I have been working at Jacobs Associates full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Relaxed Culture, International Opportunities, Supervisors care that employees are engaged -interested in their work and continually learning, learning environment is encouraged, diverse work options, design, construction management, and claims. Big enough to have alot of opportunities, small enough to know everyone, collegial environment, senior management are experts in their field.

Cons

No Office in Hawaii yet.

Forward-thinking company that cares about it's employees.

Current Employee - Senior Project Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Project Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Jacobs Associates full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Project work is challenging and exciting which provides opportunity for professional growth at all levels within the company and at all stages of the projects. Employees are given the tools needed to complete their assignments as productively as possible. There is a good office environment as well, allowing teams to work well together.

Cons

It is difficult to learn about the skillsets of employees at other offices, so employees may not be aware of staff resources available to them for future projects.

I would suggest that Management establish some method to expand employee knowledge of internal resources, whether through encouraging cross-office teams on projects, in person meetings at different offices or some other method.

There are newer employer reviews for Jacobs Associates