Jacobs Engineering

www.jacobs.com

Good but has room for improvement

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Long Beach, CA

ProsI work with great people and I strongly believe in the Safety and Relationships culture at Jacobs. Depending on the immediate management, most assume that you are an adult and can do your job without being micromanaged. Overall this is a great place to work.

ConsBenefits have always been a sore point at Jacobs. The offerings are good, but our percentage of cost as employees is typically higher than others in the industry.
There is a lot of training available for management and high potentials, but no obvious efforts are made to develop talent and the careers of the other 80-90% of the employees.
This is a large company so it can be difficult to navigate through the many diverse layers of management.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide rotation opportunities for lower and mid level employees. Provide the employees with easier access to information on breaking the ceiling between individual contributors to management. You have a great program for college graduates, but don't forget to reach out to the tenured employees too.

Despite the size of the company, there are very few opportunities to move about

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Arlington, VA

I worked at Jacobs Engineering full-time

Pros: Flexible work schedule Decent benefits package Cons: Slow growth Poor compensation growth for entry level employees No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Project Manager - Former

Project Manager (Former Employee) Omaha, NE

I worked at Jacobs Engineering full-time for more than a year

Pros: good pay, good vacation, flexible schedule, laid back atmosphere. There are opportunities elsewhere… Cons: lack of job security. Stay billable or have your… Advice to Senior Management: diversify your clients so that engineers and managers can be… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Jacobs Engineering.

Worked for Jacobs Engineering? Contribute to the Community!