Jacobs

www.jacobs.com
  www.jacobs.com
There are newer employer reviews for Jacobs

Good People, very knowledgeable staff, but poor Management.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Jacobs

Pros

There are some very intelligent and hard working employees working for Jacobs.

Cons

The Human Resource Department is terribly mis-managed, and unorganized. The HRBP's seem over worked and burnt out. There seems to be a pattern

Corporate should be managing HR in a more shared services type manner!

775 Other Employee Reviews for Jacobs (View Most Recent)

good place to put in your time

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Jacobs

Pros

Flex time, Comp time and generous time off

Cons

HR policies handcuff promotion opportunities

Think outside the box and break some rules to reward performers

Jacobs is a great place to work. The management is very focused on keeping us happy and motivated.

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Jacobs

Pros

I feel needed and appreciated at Jacobs. The pay is good, I get regular raises, and the management is very actively watching out for me. The contract I was on ran out and they carried me for about 6 months doing practically nothing until they found another position for me. There is a team of people who's specific job is to make sure that the employees have continuing employment from project to project, and another team who work dilligently to promote cooperation, participation, and communication between employees. There is a program called Beyond Zero, which means what if we had zero accidents but went beyond that and actively took care of each other. They are spending a LOT of money and time promoting us actively taking care of each other. I was skeptical at first, but it's actually working. The diverse work group is starting to feel like a team. The world wide management organization is starting to feel like a benevolent force rather than a numbers cruncher. I'm starting to believe the core value of "people are our greatest asset". They are doing a lot to make sure I don't look for a different job.

Cons

Much of the work is project work, which means that it will be completed and you will have a different project soon. This could be a con or a plus, depending... The medical benefits are not stellar. They are certainly adequate.

Thank you for all the hard work you are doing to keep us working for Jacobs. It seems to be paying off!

There are newer employer reviews for Jacobs