There are newer employer reviews for Jacobs

OK...........Nothing Exciting or Challenging

Current Employee - Engineer in Singapore (Singapore)
Current Employee - Engineer in Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at Jacobs full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Flexible working environment......
Sort of OK compensation

Cons

Very less or limited career growth......
Have very little about what management is doing

Frankly speaking...... I donno wat to say.....!!!

reviews filtered by
  1. Big Company

Former Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)
    Former Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

I worked at Jacobs full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Huge size company offers all kinds of engineering services.

Cons

Values of the company are quite general and acquisition is the only technique of growing business.

Get the real jobs and real projects

Life at Jacobs......

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

I have been working at Jacobs full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Many opportunites exist to experience work in different parts of Jacobs - it just needs self-motivation, willingness and drive as it is too large a company to expect, as an individual, to be singled out for training / development. Salaries and office environments are very good - safety for all is a very high priority. Jacobs operates a 4.5 day week or 9 day fortnight which offers great flexibility - the opportunity for a long weekend every fortnight is really appreciated. The American culture took a while to understand and accept but by identifying the best of both the UK and US working practices, I certainly feel I am more focused on my work - I understand where it fits in the 'bigger picture' - and get more out of it.
    The offices I work in have had a very low turnover since I started- not just because of the recession - but I feel it is an indication that staff enjoy their jobs and working for Jacobs generally.
    IT support is very good locally, all problems logged on line and dealt with quickly.
    There is an excellent graduate scheme - involving mentors, outward bound weekends in the UK and the US etc.

Cons

Generally management support is very visable and supportive...however there are a few executive managers that are guilty of 'cronyism' - it is difficult to understand the selection process for senior promotion - but that might be common in many large companies.
    There are also 'pockets' of bullying by senior managers - it is very difficult to know how to address this problem effectively and without putting my job at risk.....there are very few UK HR staff and they are frankly over-worked - very helpful but not really experienced to deal effectively with bullying at a high level.

There are newer employer reviews for Jacobs