There are newer employer reviews for Jacobs

Good but has room for improvement

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Long Beach, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

I have been working at Jacobs full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I work with great people and I strongly believe in the Safety and Relationships culture at Jacobs. Depending on the immediate management, most assume that you are an adult and can do your job without being micromanaged. Overall this is a great place to work.

Cons

Benefits have always been a sore point at Jacobs. The offerings are good, but our percentage of cost as employees is typically higher than others in the industry.
There is a lot of training available for management and high potentials, but no obvious efforts are made to develop talent and the careers of the other 80-90% of the employees.
This is a large company so it can be difficult to navigate through the many diverse layers of management.

Provide rotation opportunities for lower and mid level employees. Provide the employees with easier access to information on breaking the ceiling between individual contributors to management. You have a great program for college graduates, but don't forget to reach out to the tenured employees too.

723 Other Employee Reviews for Jacobs (View Most Recent)

My experience has been very rewarding and fulfilling

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Jacobs full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Jacobs works very hard to treat their employees as assets. They readily provide you with the responsibility to develop your skills

Cons

Jacobs is an extremely large company which can make their procedures hard to work with.

It would be beneficial if Jacobs could provide a system of giving bonuses to employees based on their performance.

Compatible Pay, Good experienced people, poor or no interdepartmental training

Current Employee - Project Controls Engineer  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Project Controls Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Jacobs full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

*Compatible Pay,
    *Experienced people and some managers
    *Nice staff and managers
    *Once you prove yourself, you can work on your own pace in a relaxed environment

Cons

*Poor or no interdepartmental training for those who are interested in a well rounded experience. Once you get experience in your job, you are treated as a revenue generating robot from the client
    *Expensive and lacking benefits

Did somebody say "Employees are our best asset?"

There are newer employer reviews for Jacobs

Worked for Jacobs? Contribute to the Community!