There are newer employer reviews for Jacobs

Interesting full of Challenges and work pressure.

Current Employee - Process Engineer in Mumbai (India)
Current Employee - Process Engineer in Mumbai (India)

I have been working at Jacobs full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good Company values,Some people are supportive and understanding.Safeyty Culture is extraordinary.Emphasis on quality.

Cons

Lot of Bossism and work pressure,leads lack the skill of man management.Differntiation on basis of Regional Affliation

Advice to Management

Traning required at Junior Level too

reviews filtered by

Only upper level employees are valued.

I have been working at Jacobs full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Allowed to have a flexible work schedule.

Cons

Pay is only equitable for higher levels. Worker bees compensation is lacking and no incentives/bonuses are ever given. People without degrees/licenses are paid more than higher qualified individuals because of who they know/who hired them. Incompetent workers are allowed to draw a paycheck while sitting around playing on the Internet/iphones all day while the competent workers put in 12 hour+ days to complete required tasks. Management doesn't have the skills (strength) necessary to "clean house" because they avoid confrontation or are covering for their buddies, and they know that the more competent workers will get the job done because we are afraid of losing our jobs after being reminded over and over "at least you have a job!"

Also, employees are tired of being told there is no money for raises, training, technology, etc., but you're spending millions in closing/consolidating/moving/renovating offices all across the US! How can it be financially beneficial to leave all equipment and furniture in old locations and buy all new? The open floor concept makes us feel like call center employees and does not give us the room to adequately perform our jobs. It's loud and chaotic. And, it's ridiculous to think an architecture/engineering firm can go PAPERLESS! The more change is implemented, the more I feel like somehow this is a big joke on the workers.

I've never worked for a company that gives so few holidays either. Jacobs is a sweat shop for the competent!

Advice to Management

Clean house of the incompetent workers/good ol' boys. Quit allowing some to skate by doing nothing while working the more qualified to death. As soon as the market turns around, there will be a mass exodus because people feel that they are being taken advantage of! Quit having round tables to get our feedback, then doing absolutely nothing with that feedback. It's condescending and patronizing to think that we even believe you anymore when you ask for our thoughts and ideas. We know you don't care and are doing it to try to get us to shut up and go away for awhile.

If you can't give better raises, think about giving more holidays or additional vacation time.

Also, quit harping on the worker bees about staying billable. That's management's responsibility! We can't help it if you don't have billable work that we can do... and sometimes there is way more work to be done than the project was sold for, so you're encouraged to do the work but not bill the project for it. How can we stay billable if we do that? You set us up for failure!

2. Mediocre

Current Employee - Senior Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer

I have been working at Jacobs full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Salaries paid on time. Tea and coffee free.

Cons

Low pay, No incentives, No Benefits, absolutely Legal minimum employee rights

Advice to Management

Make half of yourselves redundant to save money

There are newer employer reviews for Jacobs