There are newer employer reviews for Jacobs

Great company!

I worked at Jacobs full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I was a Jacobs employee for 5 years. Great pay, benefits, and company culture.

Cons

I had a hard time working out FMLA and disability issues with our local HR department. I had a hard time getting up-to-date paperwork (forms, info, etc.) and getting in touch with personnel. Later the HR department switched over to a help desk/ticket system in which we had to submit queries through their online portal. If employees tried to contact any of the personnel directly instead of submitting a ticket, supervisors were reprimanded; this effectively stunted HR accessibility.

731 Other Employee Reviews for Jacobs (View Most Recent)

Buyer Beware

Current Employee - Engineer  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Jacobs full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It's a job and it pays.

Cons

Very poorly managed
    No leadership
    No guidance
    No established and applied company wide practice standards and procedures

Low pay
    Poor Benefits

Lack of experienced and unqualified management who make poor decisions which ultimately cost clients money and employees their jobs.

Some one grossly under bid work and exaggerated progress on an unobtainable schedule, when the milestones couldn't be reached due to lack of information required management refused to address the problem instead choosing to ignore it and allow the problems to mount. Time and money eventually became and issue so they made the decision to cut staff instead of own up to their mistakes. Management kept their jobs, and continue to make the same mistakes while discouraging valued employees and competent staff.

Do the company a favor and find another profession. Projects do not run themselves successfully, neglecting a project leads to failure. Neglecting employees leads to failure. Neglecting the client leads to failure. Success takes work, if your just showing up for a pay check go work in the public sector.

Deceitful

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fort Walton Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Walton Beach, FL

I worked at Jacobs

Pros

It is a job and that is all it is.

Cons

The management team (family) can not be trusted. The company is being driven into the ground and milked for cash.

This is a company not a church group or a convenient place to go to when your in the mood.

There are newer employer reviews for Jacobs

Worked for Jacobs? Contribute to the Community!