This Architect ~ Full -filled and completed the projects with happy clients.

Former Employee - Architect  in  Washington, DC
Former Employee - Architect in Washington, DC

I worked at Jacobs full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Worlds largest A & E company ?

Cons

I'm still out there on this ?

Talk more with the employees and have a handle on the projects.

Other Reviews for Jacobs

Would never work for them again.

Former Employee - Mechanical Designer  in  Rio Rancho, NM
    Former Employee - Mechanical Designer in Rio Rancho, NM

I worked at Jacobs full-time for more than a year

Pros

Had a lot of on the job training. Worked with some very talented people.

Cons

Although they taught me a lot they would not allow me to go to college nor would they allow time for training. The demands upon the job came first with your personal life second.

Corporate Bureacracy

Former Employee - Project Manager  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at Jacobs full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

It is a very large and continuingly growing company. They are global and are involved in some of the biggest projects in the world. If you are a career professional and want to be recognized by your peers and be proud of being affiliated with such large organization, than this is the place for you. Salary was good. I got consistent raises throughout the recession. Lots of work if you are willing to travel/relocate.

Cons

Although their presence spans the country and globe across many different service sectors, it's tremendously difficult if not impossible to go to another division or country. I tried to reach out to different VP's to solicit interest about positions or opportunities and got cold reception. It appears they would rather recruit externally instead of internally. How does this make any sense for a company that has the slogan "people are our greatest asset"? There are a lot of talented/smart people working there. All the people in upper management are all about titles though, so as a result there was constant internal politics and shifting of roles. The corporate culture is exactly that...corporate. There is no flexibility when it comes to thinking out of the box to address a need or solution for projects or individuals. Everything is done by the books by the letter. There is no philosophy towards supporting their employees to help them grow or advance...perhaps they're worried about their own jobs. Expenses for relocation for "temporary assignments" aren't even reimbursed. You can work your @ss off for the company and go above and beyond the call of duty, but no one will ever appreciate it.

Should spend more time caring about your people instead of your titles.

There are newer employer reviews for Jacobs.

Worked for Jacobs? Contribute to the Community!