Jagex
www.Jagex.com Cambridge, United Kingdom 500 to 999 Employees

A great entry point into the industry working with great people in a company that looks after you.

Artist (Current Employee)
Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

ProsThe company probably takes better care of it's employees than most in the industry. It's benefits are great. The social side of things are amazing, with awesome seasonal parties and generally employees feel appreciated for their efforts. Jagex's work life balance in comparison to other companies in the industry is exemplary, where crunching is the norm in other developers Jagex always tries to avoid this on a cultural level and also attempts to make it worth your while if the situation is unavoidable.

ConsIn the past senior management was ignorant of the competition and thus lacked vision. Experience in the industry was seriously lacking in Senior management, it's positions being filled by close friends rather than with those possessing necessary skills and experience. Thankfully this is something that is changing, slowly. The original product has remained the golden goose and new IP must be developed for long term success. Any new products are likely to be hobbled by serious engine constraints, lack of imagination and forward thinking in decision making and direction.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have a wealth of resources in Jagex. Video game players from every demographic and people with an intimate understanding of the medium. I believe you would be shocked at how few actually use our product and in developing future products I believe it's necessary to have a more inclusive atmosphere in the early idea stages if we are develop products that can compete in the marketplace and have anything imaginative or unique about them.

Fantastic place to work!

MMORPG Content Developer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Jagex full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Very well experienced staff, well paid, I enjoy working with… Cons: Very few; maybe I've seen the better side, but it… Advice to Senior Management: Focus on less about the money and more about the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

I learned a lot about making games with some great people, though occasionally marred by company growing pains.

Game Designer (Former Employee)

I worked at Jagex full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great people, committed and enthusiastic about making games. A popular and… Cons: As often seen in larger organisations, decision making felt very top down, sometime opaque. The Companies infrastructure was never built to scale, and… Advice to Senior Management: Find a way to allow the enormous creative potential in your… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Jagex.

Worked for Jagex? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Jagex reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Jagex CEO Mark Gerhard. All reviews posted anonymously by Jagex employees.