Fantastic place to work!

Current Employee - MMORPG Content Developer in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I have been working at Jagex full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very well experienced staff, well paid, I enjoy working with the games. I'd even do voluntary work at Jagex!

Cons

Very few; maybe I've seen the better side, but it is a fantastic atmosphere, lovely staff and we have great events!

Advice to Management

Focus on less about the money and more about the opportunities and content.

Other Employee Reviews for Jagex

I learned a lot about making games with some great people, though occasionally marred by company growing pains.

Former Employee - Game Designer in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Game Designer in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I worked at Jagex full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people, committed and enthusiastic about making games. A popular and well established primary product that gives the company some stability. Good facilities.

Cons

As often seen in larger organisations, decision making felt very top down, sometime opaque. The Companies infrastructure was never built to scale, and has suffered for it. The next year or two critical for the company's long term future - can they make a second major product?

Advice to Management

Find a way to allow the enormous creative potential in your teams to flourish, rather than feel stifled by bureaucracy and indifferent managers.

Great place to work if you're able to adapt quickly

Former Employee - Jagex Player Support in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I worked at Jagex full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good work ethic, generally good direct management, good teams to work with and freedom and flexibility. A much better employer than many others

Cons

Very low probability of moving up the ranks without stabbing others in the back. Very male-oriented, considering there are plenty of female staff

Advice to Management

Look for talent beyond your circle