Jagex

www.jagex.com
  www.jagex.com
There are newer employer reviews for Jagex

Good Co-Workers Terrible Management

Current Employee - Content Developer in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I have been working at Jagex full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people here are friendly.
Work-place Activities 2-4 times a year.
Finally started listening to players.

Cons

People fired without notice, makes me worried of my job
Frustrations while working with playerbase, we want to help but are limited
Senior Management isn't competent for the job.
Mark needs to stop being a two-face to the public eye

Promote people who actually know what they are talking about to manage
Stop focusing on trying to make new games, it hasn't and won't work.

65 Other Employee Reviews for Jagex (View Most Recent)

Great Place to work with great people!!

Current Employee - Jagex Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Jagex Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I have been working at Jagex full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people are great!! I am working with some of the most talented people I have ever met in my life. A vast majority of the people at Jagex are not only work colleagues but also friends in and out of work.

Jagex is a very personable organisation and has a great employee benefits program including the softer benefits such as team fun funds, canteen, games room, bicycle repairs.

They're also really keen to get involved in supporting local charities which is really important to me.

Cons

There is a small but vocal minority of people who always seem to focus on the negative side of anything for example we have great facilities here with a stunning office space yet they moan about the integrity of the hand towels in the toilets.

Weak leadership, weak future

I have been working at Jagex full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Most of the employees are extremely bright and have alot of potential.
    - Cambridge is beautiful
    - It's the game industry!

Cons

- Senior leadership is some of the most personality driven in the gaming industry...which is saying alot if you know much about the game industry. This leads to an extraordinary amount of pettiness and factionalism, making at nightmare to get anything done. This leadership is replicated throughout the organization.
    - They add talent directly from school for this reason. If you're an experienced professional, you don't join Jagex, you leave it.
    - One game shop. Jagex has only shipped one profitable game in its history, but it boasts an impressive amount of failures.

My advice would be to the Board, and that would be to seriously consider replacing the senior leadership with better experienced and professional people. Somebody who knows what they're doing could potentially do great things.

There are newer employer reviews for Jagex