Great place to work! Exciting and full of opportunity (for people with the right attitude!)

Current Employee - Technical Developer  in  Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)
Current Employee - Technical Developer in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I have been working at Jagex full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fantastic people...I love my team, and ive made great friends here in a relatively short time.
Great benefits that resonate well with me and my friends.
Exciting work, its just cool working in the games industry and i love the status that gives me
Really cool office, especially since the canteen was set up as the food is brilliant and the staff great
Plenty of opportunities to develop and excel
A genuine company that tries to do the right thing
Great support when relocating to the area and a more friendly HR team than ive ever experienced

Cons

Growing very fast means a lot of change occurs regularly, but this isnt necessarily a bad thing as creates opportunities for people with the right attitude
There are a few v negative people here, many of them have been around for years and havnt worked anywhere else yet think they know everything and moan constantly about the new ideas being brought in by new blood. Their inflexibility is a sign of their inexperience in the real world and sometimes they can really irritate me / the new blood.

better strategies around integrating new starters with the old guard could be useful, though not sure what sort of things? Might relieve a friction point?

Other Reviews for Jagex

Good Co-Workers Terrible Management

Current Employee - Content Developer  in  Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Content Developer in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I have been working at Jagex full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people here are friendly.
    Work-place Activities 2-4 times a year.
    Finally started listening to players.

Cons

People fired without notice, makes me worried of my job
    Frustrations while working with playerbase, we want to help but are limited
    Senior Management isn't competent for the job.
    Mark needs to stop being a two-face to the public eye

Promote people who actually know what they are talking about to manage
    Stop focusing on trying to make new games, it hasn't and won't work.

Great Place to work with great people!!

Current Employee - Jagex Employee  in  Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Jagex Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I have been working at Jagex full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people are great!! I am working with some of the most talented people I have ever met in my life. A vast majority of the people at Jagex are not only work colleagues but also friends in and out of work.

Jagex is a very personable organisation and has a great employee benefits program including the softer benefits such as team fun funds, canteen, games room, bicycle repairs.

They're also really keen to get involved in supporting local charities which is really important to me.

Cons

There is a small but vocal minority of people who always seem to focus on the negative side of anything for example we have great facilities here with a stunning office space yet they moan about the integrity of the hand towels in the toilets.

There are newer employer reviews for Jagex.

Worked for Jagex? Contribute to the Community!