There are newer employer reviews for Jama Software

Great product, people, culture & company

Former Employee - Technical Account Manager in Portland, OR
Former Employee - Technical Account Manager in Portland, OR

I worked at Jama Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* Great people. Jama does a wonderful job of taking their time to hire smart, hard working people that will fit in well within the company culture. * Great product. They are disrupting an existing industry and established market... and crushing it. * Not too much micro-management. * Good compensation, benefits and office environment. * Opportunities for advancement.

Cons

The culture can at times reinforce being seen versus getting actual work done (ie: better to be at your desk surfing the web at 7pm than actually getting things done working from home).

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Remember to trust the great employees that you have hired.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great place to work

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Portland, OR

I have been working at Jama Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits. Nice office. Great place for learning and honing your skills. The newer additions to engineering and product seem to have improved processes around development as the company transitions from the 'heroics' of startup work-culture to that of a a more established company. It's okay to fail, as long as you learn from it and improve. Opportunities to move up and down the technology stack if your are interested.

Cons

Because the company has grown very fast, there is naturally some friction that emerges. Also, there is definitely a divide between the old guard and the new hires.

Advice to Management

Engineering needs some additional technical leadership.

Inspiring team and culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at Jama Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Jama is a place where employees have a voice and their opinions matter. This company is full of the smartest and most interesting colleagues that I've worked with in my career. Everything I was sold on during the interview process has been my experience since day one. Two years later I'm still excited and even more inspired than I was when I joined.

Cons

Jama is a start-up so we are figuring out a lot as we scale. People who enjoy solving tough problems, making decisions and dealing with ambiguity in an entrepreneurial environment would fit well. People who prefer status quo, high structure would not.