Jamba Juice

There are newer employer reviews for Jamba Juice

Flexible, college job

Former Employee - Team Memer in San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Team Memer in San Diego, CA

I worked at Jamba Juice part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible schedules, allows for lots of time off and is easy to switch from store to store.

Cons

In 4 years, with lots of managerial praise, only got 4 raises from 8.10-8.75. Lots of manager changes, so they never felt comfortable evaluating the team. Has become a much cheaper and corporate company since I started, shrinking sizes, raising prices, without telling customers in advance, running shifts understaffed to meet their "hours goal"

Keep customers happier, and have enough team members running your busy times of the day. Give out the semi-annual raise that you promise.

355 Other Employee Reviews for Jamba Juice (View Most Recent)

Can't believe this Company

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Emeryville, CA
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Emeryville, CA

I have been working at Jamba Juice full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I thought Jamba was about doing the right thing but have been proven wrong.

Cons

Jamba Juice is all about making money and cutting expenses. As a result us front line workers are being nickeled and dimed and our hours cut left and right.

I can't believe the CEO makes $1M + per year and we get $8/hour with tight shifts...

Don't be so greedy, listen to what employees are saying and change your tune...

Always 'cutting labor'.

Former Employee - Team Member in Minnetonka, MN
    Former Employee - Team Member in Minnetonka, MN

I worked at Jamba Juice part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Decent opportunity for advancement; I worked at Jamba for a month and a half and was given the opportunity to apply for management positions. Co-workers were generally friendly and supportive in day-to-day matters, and responded to competence and hard work with a lot of verbal affirmation.

Cons

Franchise-specific issues:

In the month and a half I worked here, I had three of my shifts cut after they were scheduled. I was offered 30 hours/week when I was hired, and never actually got more than 25. 16-20 was more likely. I was continually being cut hours early, scheduled for short (5 1/2-6 hour) shifts, and forced to take unpaid 1/2 hour breaks on short shifts, below the legal threshold requiring a lunch break.

Once, I was asked to get a stock item on my unpaid break.

Corporate issues:

I had to sign paperwork indicating permission for Jamba to require me to use my car on company business, and absolving them of any liability for damage incurred in the course of such business. While they never actually required this of me during my time there, I'm extremely uncomfortable granting such license--but needed the job.

While working a register, a team member cannot open their own drawer or enter certain discounts without a manager's password. This became a problem when managers were offsite on bank runs, and also contributed to a sense of being continually mistrusted.

Company policy forbids employees socializing outside of work--ostensibly to avoid gossip and cliques, but probably also to prevent workers from organizing or engaging in any kind of collective action. I didn't stick around long enough to find out for sure if Jamba is "that kind" of employer.

Jamba has a list of instand-termination offenses which are part of training, and add to the culture of mistrust which Jamba's corporate and managment philosophies create for team members.

If your employees are able to pay their bills, you'll be able to retain a hardworking, loyal group of adult workers. If you continue to manage in the post-recession economy as if you're managing high school students, you'll face high turnover and poor work ethics.

There are newer employer reviews for Jamba Juice