There are newer employer reviews for Jamba Juice

Hard Work, low pay

Former Employee - Team Member in Brentwood, CA
Former Employee - Team Member in Brentwood, CA

I worked at Jamba Juice part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great entry level job, fast paced environment.

Cons

Low pay for closing shifts. Having to clean the machines and checking inventory is at times, unworthy of the pay.

Pay your employees better.

315 Other Employee Reviews for Jamba Juice (View Most Recent)

Good for college students

Former Employee - Team Member in Long Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Team Member in Long Beach, CA

I worked at Jamba Juice part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Nice and cool during the summer. Employees get a card that they can use to get half of their smoothie. There are annual raises, not very much though.

Cons

May get very dirty on busy days. Some customers may also be very rude. Lines will get out the door on the summer days. Almost no hours during the winter.

Get to know your employees instead of favoring people that would kiss ass.

Always 'cutting labor'.

Former Employee - Team Member in Minnetonka, MN
    Former Employee - Team Member in Minnetonka, MN

I worked at Jamba Juice part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Decent opportunity for advancement; I worked at Jamba for a month and a half and was given the opportunity to apply for management positions. Co-workers were generally friendly and supportive in day-to-day matters, and responded to competence and hard work with a lot of verbal affirmation.

Cons

Franchise-specific issues:

In the month and a half I worked here, I had three of my shifts cut after they were scheduled. I was offered 30 hours/week when I was hired, and never actually got more than 25. 16-20 was more likely. I was continually being cut hours early, scheduled for short (5 1/2-6 hour) shifts, and forced to take unpaid 1/2 hour breaks on short shifts, below the legal threshold requiring a lunch break.

Once, I was asked to get a stock item on my unpaid break.

Corporate issues:

I had to sign paperwork indicating permission for Jamba to require me to use my car on company business, and absolving them of any liability for damage incurred in the course of such business. While they never actually required this of me during my time there, I'm extremely uncomfortable granting such license--but needed the job.

While working a register, a team member cannot open their own drawer or enter certain discounts without a manager's password. This became a problem when managers were offsite on bank runs, and also contributed to a sense of being continually mistrusted.

Company policy forbids employees socializing outside of work--ostensibly to avoid gossip and cliques, but probably also to prevent workers from organizing or engaging in any kind of collective action. I didn't stick around long enough to find out for sure if Jamba is "that kind" of employer.

Jamba has a list of instand-termination offenses which are part of training, and add to the culture of mistrust which Jamba's corporate and managment philosophies create for team members.

If your employees are able to pay their bills, you'll be able to retain a hardworking, loyal group of adult workers. If you continue to manage in the post-recession economy as if you're managing high school students, you'll face high turnover and poor work ethics.

There are newer employer reviews for Jamba Juice