Jamba Juice

www.jambajuice.com
  www.jambajuice.com
There are newer employer reviews for Jamba Juice

good experience for a first job, here you will learn how to work hard if you last long enough

Current Employee - Team Member in Torrance, CA
Current Employee - Team Member in Torrance, CA

I have been working at Jamba Juice part-time (more than an year)

Pros

-you get a free smoothie at the end of every shift
-good hours when you move up a position

Cons

-get bad hours when you first start
-gets very busy when its a hot day
-hopefully your working for a corporate owned store

Some air conditioning would be nice!

330 Other Employee Reviews for Jamba Juice (View Most Recent)

Seasonal fluctuality, high stress

Former Employee - General Manager in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - General Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at Jamba Juice full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Healthy product, good benefits. Good teamwork amongst local area managers. Nice seasonal menu flucutation. Health based clientele. Nice local store marketing.

Cons

Too many hours in the summer. Unrealistic budget labor targets. Direct lack of communication from corporate level. Stores outside of their CA region do not get the same attention and support as their volume stores in sunny areas.

Now I can't stop getting smoothies!

Current Employee - Team Member in Malibu, CA
    Current Employee - Team Member in Malibu, CA

I have been working at Jamba Juice part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I worked at Jamba through Sodexo at my university for only one month, because of other students stopping work for finals. Though I ended up with worse grades than I should have, I really enjoyed my time here. Jamba, at least at my school, had very high levels of integrity, especially cleanliness. My coworkers were very friendly, helpful, and efficient. Plus, you get to have smoothies people forget or try samples. I have absolutely no complaints and being at an extremely ethical and efficient business made me realize the difference between that and kinda shady, unethical chains to work at. It was also fun to make smoothies and I learned all about Jamba's secret menu. On slow days, I also experimented with my own concoctions haha. Jamba is also a well-known name, and it helps getting another job at a food industry or smoothie/drink place.

Cons

Thanks to tax, the $9.00 higher-than-minimum-wage pay dropped to about $7.00, below minimum wage, but I'm not sure how it works at other places.

It can be kinda hectic in rush hours, and cleaning up, (especially with two or less people) is a major pain in the rear.

I liked jamba before, and thought I'd get sick of it, but to be honest, after working only a month, now I can't stop drinking jamba juice, I love it so much. There goes my money....

There are newer employer reviews for Jamba Juice