James Hardie

www.jameshardie.com
  www.jameshardie.com
There are newer employer reviews for James Hardie

James Hardie was a challenging, but rewarding place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fontana, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fontana, CA

I worked at James Hardie

Pros

As a mid-size company, I had access to upped management and the chance for my ideas to be heard. They made decisions quickly and didn't wait months or years to act, as I had experienced in a Fortune 50 company previously. Most of my co-workers were very smart, competent and fun to work with. (Of course, there are always a few exceptions, no matter where you work.) Overall, I enjoyed working there and would go back if the opportunity presented itself.

Cons

The biggest downside was since they can act quickly, some decisions are made by a small group with little input from others. In a few instances, this was very detrimental to projects or personnel.

67 Other Employee Reviews for James Hardie (View Most Recent)

Very dissatisfied

Current Employee - VMI Coordinator in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - VMI Coordinator in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at James Hardie

Pros

Work from home. Set your own schedule.

Cons

No communication from management. No acknowledgment for a job well done. No job satisfaction. Too much overlap between reps.

Need to create better work invironment with higher employeed satisfaction.

Overall I am very satisfied as an employee. Compensation, benefits and fellow employers make it worth working there.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Peru, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Peru, IL

I have been working at James Hardie

Pros

Compensation is very good for the area as well as benefits. With a little hard work you can move up quickly. Fellow workers are easily to get along with and very helpful, always willing to lend a hand.

Cons

Job security is in question. Management seems shaky, I feel like I am being criticized a lot and by people who don't know how to run my position. Management positions should be promoted within the company by employees who have worked their way up. There is a lot of micromanagement and that makes it difficult for me to perform my job. I feel like I'm constantly having someone look over my shoulder. Also, although the plant is performing very well, hours are being taken away. I am happy with my hourly pay but I am making the same as when the plant was performing poorly, and with less hours, so I am actually bringing home less money now, which doesn't make sense. You can move quickly on the pay scale if you learn a lot of positions, but eventually it caps off so there is no possibility of a raise now unless a supervisor steps down.

Promote within more. Employers who have experience running the machines are going to know more than an outsider with a fancy degree. When schedule changes are made and hours are cut, give more explanation as to why this is happening. Re-evaluate the way employees get raises. After an employee learns about 8 positions he/she is capped off unless a supervisor steps down.

There are newer employer reviews for James Hardie