Fast paced, challenging and rewarding

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at James Hardie

Pros

Product Leadership, opportunity due to growth, constant change, autonomy, business model, cross functional promotions, compensation, benefits - overall work environment is very enjoyable, people are straight forward in communication so for the most part you always know where you stand with others you work closely with.

Cons

The company leadership is reactive, performance expectations are high and standards are always increasing so it is a challenge to sustain at the expected level all the time.

As the company continues to grow more layers of management needs to be added in sales so that the ratio of leader to employee is smaller which will allow for more one on one for training and development.

Other Reviews for James Hardie

An excellent company that allows you to do what you need to do to get the job done.

Former Employee - Senior Commodity Manager  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Commodity Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at James Hardie

Pros

Excellent salary & benefits.
    Casual dress code every day.
    It's OK to think outside the box.

Cons

They are tied to the housing market.....which right now is terrible.

If given the opportunity to work for JHBP again, I would.

James Hardie was a challenging, but rewarding place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fontana, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fontana, CA

I worked at James Hardie

Pros

As a mid-size company, I had access to upped management and the chance for my ideas to be heard. They made decisions quickly and didn't wait months or years to act, as I had experienced in a Fortune 50 company previously. Most of my co-workers were very smart, competent and fun to work with. (Of course, there are always a few exceptions, no matter where you work.) Overall, I enjoyed working there and would go back if the opportunity presented itself.

Cons

The biggest downside was since they can act quickly, some decisions are made by a small group with little input from others. In a few instances, this was very detrimental to projects or personnel.

There are newer employer reviews for James Hardie.

Worked for James Hardie? Contribute to the Community!