It was often a struggle to convince myself not to quit sooner.

Current Employee - Front Desk Associate
Current Employee - Front Desk Associate

I have been working at Jameson Inns

Pros

It pays money so that I can pay the bills, and it fits in my school schedule. It was also nice to get to work alone.

Cons

Employee turnover is very high. Every day is the same thing as the day before; there is no variation in the day-to-day routine. Everything is unnecessarily micro-managed, all the way down to the "phone script" that must be followed "every call, every time," which is nearly impossible because not every phone call is the same and warrants the same "script".

You need to do a better job training associates, and there is no reason why it should take more than half a year to find a new manager in this economy.

Other Reviews for Jameson Inns

lead , follow , or get out of the way

I have been working at Jameson Inns

Pros

its heated in the winter and a,c in the summer.company dicout at other locations, flexable schedule and the p.t.o time that can be aquired

Cons

no room for advancement or raise, nothing is appreciated , there,s no overtime available you get called in and the next day you have to leave early because of the overtime, and it seems when ever something comes up and no one wants to do it ,we,ll then it falls under maintenance

listen to your employees , some do know what their talking about,keep supplies on hand . its bad when you have to run to the hardware store for a 30 cent item

General Manager

Former Employee - General Manager
    Former Employee - General Manager

I worked at Jameson Inns

Pros

The guests were great, the staff was wonderful. We worked as a team and we worked independently of upper management. We only saw the Regional Manager once every quarter.

Cons

The upper management is horrible, they do not communicate with anyone. They are reactive and not proactive. They will walk into a hotel and fire people randomly. They are well known for this and they don't have to have a reason although they strongly promote the "3 writeup rule" and make sure that they have covered all their bases. They do not reward for performance. They have cut bonuses and made them virtually impossible to achieve. They cover their own mistakes while taking down anyone in their way.

Since you know it all, it doesn't matter anyway.

There are newer employer reviews for Jameson Inns.

Worked for Jameson Inns? Contribute to the Community!