There are newer employer reviews for Jan-Pro

Great owner, but staff was not good

Former Employee - Franchisee  in  Fort Washington, PA
Former Employee - Franchisee in Fort Washington, PA

I worked at Jan-Pro

Pros

Some freedom to work your own hours

Cons

Market too competitive so income potential is not good.

Not sure what advice would be suitable to give.

15 Other Employee Reviews for Jan-Pro (View Most Recent)

Jan Pro Intentionally Keeps Pricing A Secret From 'Franchise Owners'

Current Employee - Franchise Owner
    Current Employee - Franchise Owner

I have been working at Jan-Pro full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Great way to lose weight and learn the janitorial/custodial trade if you have money to burn and don't mind being an employee in everything but name (and taxes and unemployment compensation and benefits and workman's comp, etc.)
    - If you're ruthless enough and savvy enough, you can use this as a stepping stone to creating your own business without Jan Pro controlling your life. Get an attorney.

Cons

- You are not a business owner. You are a tax dodge for Jan-Pro. You do not gain the benefits of the tax dodge, they do.
    - You are more like a contract worker than a business owner, except contract workers are paid for their services, they are not forced to pay for the privilege of working for someone else.
    - You are an employee of Jan-Pro in everything but name. You have no control over pricing, you have no control over Quality Assurance. Your franchise can be taken away from you at any time for any reason or NO REASON AT ALL (read the contract).
    - You have no true control over bringing additional business in.
    - You have no control over the contract you have with your 'clients'.
    - Jan Pro is always paid. You won't be. Customer disputes come out of your pocket.
    - You can not seek collection against clients who refuse to pay. Jan Pro can, and does. That doesn't mean you'll see a dime.
    - Want to sponsor a Little League Team under your 'company'? Not going to happen.
    - Dead end job without the benefits of working under someone else legally as well as in name.
    - Worst Con: You're not truly taught the business of the janitorial/custodial trade. You will be angry when you find out how the fraud works.

None. Advice to potential Employees In All But Name: Join Your Local Class Action Lawsuit to be recognized as the employee you are

Total waste of money

I have been working at Jan-Pro

Pros

Great way to stay in shape, business owners of places I clean very nice, no co workers so no politics while working

Cons

Worst investment I've EVER made, VERY low earnings, Treated either a business owner or as an employee to benefit them as in if something goes wrong I am then told "you are the business owner take care of it" but they are also very demanding and treat me as though I am stuck working for them as an employee. Do yourself a favor and never invest your hard earned money with them or I promise you will end up regretting it unless of course you enjoy working in a sweatshop. I was even told by the Franchisor people only buy a contract if they are unemployable.

Please realize we are individuals, please quit treating the franchisee's as though they are fourth rate. Allow them to get out of the business if and when they wake up and realize they've had enough

There are newer employer reviews for Jan-Pro

Worked for Jan-Pro? Contribute to the Community!