There are newer employer reviews for Jani-King

Let managers manage and not be glorifed salesmen.

Former Employee - Regional Director in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Regional Director in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Jani-King full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Salary and a nice work environment. A good team style environment with ist class office space which is unusual in the janitorial business.

Cons

They expect middle management to be sales reps in the field all day as well as manage the sales force and office staff. The business model is selling janitorial franchises as well as selling janitorial contracts for them to service, a VERY flawed system which leads to many unhappy franchise owners.

Hire managers to manage the sales force and to not be in the field all day selling janitorial contracts and all evening trying to convince unskilled labor that their key to sucess is buying a janitorial franchise.

36 Other Employee Reviews for Jani-King (View Most Recent)

STAY AWAY from janiking

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I worked at Jani-King part-time (less than an year)

Pros

there are absolutely no pros for working for janiking

Cons

they underbid on contracts and keep a hefty part of the overall fees for so-called franchise services making franchise owners work at or below minimum wage. Regional management is very pushy and uses scare tactics threatening with lawsuits and breaches of contract.

American English speaking people should not buy Orlando JaniKing Franchise.

Current Employee - Franchise Owner in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Franchise Owner in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Jani-King as a contractor (more than 5 years)

Pros

Cash Flow Protection is good if you can get some cash flow.

Cons

JaniKing Franchise Market for American English speaking people in the Orlando, Florida market is pretty bad. The work ethic and lack of professionalism is horrendous. As an American English speaking person who thought I could be relatively successful was naïve on my part. Over the last and years the Orlando, Florida area is overrun by militant Hispanics and Haitians. Americans are not respected or treated like we belong there. That is who Janiking of Orlando sells the Franchises to. The accounts are under bid, the operations field guy on assists other Hispanics or “Islanders”. He has said and made it quite clear he does not care about me as an American born, English only, speaking person. The administrative staff is okay but there were billing mistakes every month form the start. Some members of upper management are not right for their positions and deny the facts of a very real problem in the Orlando market place. They often are either unable or unwilling to answers questions about accounts up front. They expect you to take on new accounts without regard to giving monetary return details. Need I say more? I am very disappointed in JaniKing of Orlando because I know the business model works well in other geographic locations. There is no support from admin staff. A customer complains, they immediately transfer the account to another franchise owner. Without regard for fairness or trying to reconcile the problems with the current franchise owner. Field ops guy does not do any finding of new accounts he waits for telemarketing to do it, which is lacking.

Be prepared to share accurate information about the accounts. Try to be partners with Franchise owners not just salesmen. Be realistic and honest about your Orlando market and its unique challenges due to over population of militant Hispanics and Haitians. No one should be made to feel like the outsider, whether black, white, latino, african, or whatever. But especially American born english speaking, third generation Americans who are trying to be successful business owners in their own country.

There are newer employer reviews for Jani-King