There are newer employer reviews for Jani-King

GREAT PLACE TO WORK

Former Employee - Sales Analyst  in  Monterrey, Nuevo León (Mexico)
Former Employee - Sales Analyst in Monterrey, Nuevo León (Mexico)

I worked at Jani-King

Pros

The team with which I worked was really focused on making the company grow. The CEO is actually worried for his employees and the salaries are good in Mexico's market.

Cons

There are not many cons. Maybe the job can be a little routinary sometimes but the environment at the company is great.

N/A

30 Other Employee Reviews for Jani-King (View Most Recent)

Good place to work at in between jobs

Former Employee - Custodian  in  Saint Joseph, MO
    Former Employee - Custodian in Saint Joseph, MO

I worked at Jani-King full-time for more than a year

Pros

Easy Work no beenfits are raises.

Cons

No benefits worthless co workers tuned out management.

Hired and let go after 3 days

Current Employee - Operations Advisor  in  Wiggins, MS
    Current Employee - Operations Advisor in Wiggins, MS

I have been working at Jani-King full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nothing, I was employed for three days before being let go because this wasn't going to be a good fit for me

Cons

An arrogant tyrant as a boss, no positivity, no training, disorganized!

I accepted this position as I had been in retail management for 15 years and was looking to make a career change in order to have a better work life balance. Keep in mind, I was taking a dramatic pay cut to come to this company, but thought that life was about risk taking, so I graciously accepted.

Day one, franchise owner day. I showed up at the office an hour early and was instructed by my RD that this position had high turnover and I need to be diligent in learning and etc. Not a good way to start my first day.... I was also told that I would be meeting all the franchise owners, which I did, and after that I shadowed the RD on a bid to a local retail store to learn how to measure and bid. When we arrived, we introduced ourselves to the representative and I got stuck in a lengthy conversation with the rep about retail history, etc., while my "trainer" just got to work without actually showing me anything. Upon leaving, I was chastised for talking too much and not paying attention to him. Really? You are the trainer sir, train. Day one was over.

Day two was another nightmare. We had scheduled another appointment for that morning for me and the RD to meet with another potential client. We arrived 45 minutes late, not professional at all. I followed my RDs instructions and remained relatively quiet as to not upset him during this job. I arrived back in the office and was instructed to watch DVDs on operations training, which I did. I was also instructed to meet with the Sales Executive to shadow him making lead calls for potential business. That was completed as well. End of day two, thankfully.

Day three really took the cake. Keep in mind, I am commuting at least thirty minutes to Wiggins, MS. I encountered minor traffic that morning and was late by 5 minutes. I called ahead of time just to give them a courtesy call. When I arrived, they were in the morning meeting. I joined them and we finished the meeting. After the conclusion of the meeting, I was asked to meet with the RD privately. He began his speech with "day three and you are already late, not a good impression. Is this a right fit for you?" I was floored, not because of the arriving late, which I apologized for, but for the brashness of this tyrant to ask me if this is a good fit for me. I am on my third day. I don't know the company or the business. I feel like a fifth wheel, just waiting for some training and direction. I was heated, but remained professional and calm. He offered to go over franchise disclosures with me that morning, which I was appreciative of. But, he chastised me once again for interjecting too much. Jesus lord, I'm trying to learn you a**hole. He informed me that he was out of the office the rest of the day and I was to read training manuals, which in did. End of day three, and I am livid.

Day four was fantastic. I arrive to the office early, and began reading my manuals as instructed. 10 minutes later, the tyrant walks in and says, "Keith, I'm letting you go. This is not a good fit for you. I need someone who is a go getter and eager to help." I was shocked. I began a conversation with him regarding his decision, and he said "I'm not going to debate this with you, can we finish this up so I can move on". I agreed with him and gathered my personal belongings and left.

To sum, this was an awful experience for me. This tyrant needs to be terminated ASAP. He possesses no humility or grace. He speaks to his staff like they are peasants. He is arrogant and full of himself. No wonder the turnover rate is so high in that office, look who's running it. Oh, and his son works for him. Anyone heard of fraternization? Apparently not this tyrant.

Stay away from JaniKing in Wiggins, MS.

The Wiggins, MS office needs a new Regional Director

There are newer employer reviews for Jani-King

Worked for Jani-King? Contribute to the Community!