Jarden
www.jarden.com Rye, NY 5000+ Employees

Cubicle Farm - Looks good from outside (granite/glass/mirrors) but it's really hundreds of 6'X6'

Quality Assurance (Current Employee)
Boca Raton, FL

ProsGood benefits, nice people. Get out one hour early on Friday.

ConsCube farm where everyone has a 6'X6' cube. There are hundreds on every floor. The aisle widths are OSHA minimum. No labs, just a "kitchen" with no tools. Break rooms are tiny, no chair in them, just a place to grab the coffee and go back to your cube. No place to decompress.

Noisy, corporate, lots of jargon. Typical corporate environment. And the work hours are 8:30 to 5:30 p.m., which steals 30 minutes from my evening (it matters in the winter when the time changes).

Lots of corporate Jargon and abstract work (everything is designed and made in China). Late night or early morning conference call.

But.... very nice people, smart too. Just would have taken me years to get used to it all.

Challenging Retail Realities

Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Jarden

Pros: A challenging environment with the opportunity to develop state-ot-the-art solutions for the reail space. Relationships are… Cons: Intense deadlines, short-term goals, metrics driven activities, stress.. No 'Big Picture' vision… Advice to Senior Management: Need to develop a vision and strategy that incorporates emerging technologies to leverage the ability to communicate, sell and grow… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Negative experience - Politics and power struggles are front and center

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Rye, NY

I worked at Jarden

Pros: A global firm but the headquarters feels like a small firm… Cons: Company owns many subsidiaries, each of which work as a standalone company. Unless you have full buy-in from both management, the business, and technical staff… Advice to Senior Management: Clear up the above problems No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Jarden.

Worked for Jarden? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Jarden reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Jarden CEO James E. Lillie. All reviews posted anonymously by Jarden employees.