Jared Galleria of Jewelry

www.jared.com
  www.jared.com
There are newer employer reviews for Jared Galleria of Jewelry

Strong company to work for, needs more training for seasoned employees.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at Jared Galleria of Jewelry full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This is definitely a great company to work for, especially if you have an interest in jewelry and helping people celebrate their life moments. Huge company with over 200 stores and growing, so you know that you are working for a company that is going to last a life-time. Great core values and decent pay for a retail job. Good training programs for beginners starting out in the business. There are opportunities for growth within the company as well. Most stores will be flexible with scheduling and work with you if you have specific scheduling needs.

Cons

Training for seasoned workers seems to be lacking. I feel like once you've finished your basic training from the beginning it almost stops there. Yes you do go to specific brand trainings, but in the store, one-on-one training is falling short. I've asked to have more training from managers but it seems like its more talk of, "yes we will have more training sessions", and then it doesn't happen. I would like to see management take an hour out of their day to set aside for one-on-one training or department training to help their staff succeed.

Make sure to take time in your schedule to continue training seasoned employees who show potential and ask for more training. Those are going to be your star performers, don't let them fall by the wayside because you feel like they already know what they are doing. They can always use more training to become better at their position, which in turn, makes more money for your store and the company.

75 Other Employee Reviews for Jared Galleria of Jewelry (View Most Recent)

Stressful environment, lots of games.

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Jared Galleria of Jewelry part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The pay wasn't horrible for a college student, the sales experience is great for my résumé, and the training was extensive so I felt very knowledgeable about the product.

Cons

I worked at two different locations in different states and experienced a lot of hostility at both locations. Sales were stolen from me with little or no manager intervention.
    Everyone gossiped about one another.
    Certain mean acts (coming into work with staples taped to my locker, being promised hours then avoiding my calls, etc.) ultimately aided in my decision to leave.

I highly suggest having meetings with the associates to review the performance of the GMs and AGMs.

Jared has given me extensive customer service and retail knowledge.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Jared Galleria of Jewelry part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You work on salary and commission! The schedules are flexible to accommodate needs as life happens. You also receive a great discount if you choose to purchase items.

Cons

Sometimes the goals are hard to meet when the economy is down because they are based on previous years' numbers, but it all works out. Sometimes you get a difficult customer, but you are trained to handle them.

I want upper management to adjust the computer system. Some of it is repetitive and makes the checkout process longer than it needs to be. Adjust the goals to reflect the traffic that comes into the store on a given day.

There are newer employer reviews for Jared Galleria of Jewelry