There are newer employer reviews for Jason's Deli

Best job i've had...well out of 3 jobs haha

Current Employee - Driver in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Driver in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Jason's Deli

Pros

Well, min wage plus tips is pretty cool...I go in at 4 and get out no later than 11. the staff is very friendly I don't ever feel like "Uhhh i don't wanna go to work" the customers are very nice. the opportunity for advancement is there IF you take advantage of it. i plan on applying for an internship and then i will strive for a GM position.

Cons

I bag orders, take orders, take deliveries, clean the to go side, sweep, stock, make catering trays, bus tables, spot sweep, run inside orders...all this is much more than my job calls for and i'm never asked to do these things yet I have yet to receive any kind of acknowledgement. The GM ignores me, but other than that its a cool job.

As far as this deli goes, you guys are doing awesome.

148 Other Employee Reviews for Jason's Deli (View Most Recent)

My time at jason was pretty good

Former Employee - Delco in Chattanooga, TN
    Former Employee - Delco in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at Jason's Deli

Pros

The company its self is a good company as far as compensation, treatment, fairness, appreciation and is good to customers

Cons

The 2nd GM is lacking - Black and Female Managers tend to have it harder, from my perspective.

Do not promote because someone fits the image, promote because #1 qualifications #2 ability to do the job #3 seniority

People were very respectful and professional at this establishment.

Former Employee - Food Assembly and Prep in Sarasota, FL
    Former Employee - Food Assembly and Prep in Sarasota, FL

I worked at Jason's Deli

Pros

The team that worked here were very cohesive and communication among everybody was very good. Even under heavy pressure everybody still pulled together and we never found ourselves "in the weeds". Clean professional work environment where people come to enjoy a good unique meal.

Cons

The only downside I had to working at this Jason's Deli (and you will find this at alot of places, I've worked all around the country I've seen it everywhere) is that there were not enough English speaking people there, which made for confusing times at certain points (rush hours). The communication barrier broke down b/c the lack of people understanding a language. I've learned Spanish and I know English, speak one or the other, but broken English just make things harder. Other than that, great place to work.

The management crew here were really good, one thing that was unfortunate was that if you spoke mostly Spanish there, you could get away with alot more b/c you could pretend you didn't understand what was going on. I'm not talking about getting away with slacking off or anything, just talking about certain presentation with sandwiches and such. The person next to you could do the wrong thing, and b/c you see a manager look right at it and let it slide down the line, when you go to do it, you get your ass busted on it. haha

There are newer employer reviews for Jason's Deli