There are newer employer reviews for Jason's Deli

over reaching goals, trying to be a bigger fish than will ever happen

Current Employee - General Manager in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - General Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Jason's Deli full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

hours, pay, no grease, no alcohol, no hot grills

Cons

customers, too much change, no alcohol, no late nights, my ass

it's just sandwiches, you aren't changing the world, too buddy buddy, don't fix what ain't broke. Too many new limited time offers. you don't need monthly goals if they never change

148 Other Employee Reviews for Jason's Deli (View Most Recent)

Worse job I've had, had to move on

Former Employee - Line Cook
    Former Employee - Line Cook

I worked at Jason's Deli full-time (more than an year)

Pros

High standards in terms of food quality. Fresh produce, other than the soups most items are made daily. Decent hours.

Cons

Low pay, no recognition, jaded staff. We had four managers quit in an eight month period. The staff moral was so low that most of the work conversation focused on how no one wanted to be at there, or attempting to find a new job.

Up the pay. Minimum wage for the work I did is insulting. Hire better managers, not just guys who come in having no clue what's going on. At the end of the day, thank the people who work there. They will appreciate coming into work if they feel they're effort was appreciated. My current job, the owner shakes my hand at the end of the day and tells me that I did a good job. Small gesture, makes my day.

Overall, a satisfactory place to work, with reasonable benefits.

Former Employee - General Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - General Manager in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Jason's Deli full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The schedule gives each manager 1 weekend off a month, and 2 days off in each week, working a 48 hour work week. With no bar to worry about, there aren't many late nights, even when closing. Upper management was supportive and interested in personal development. Having major holidays off was a plus.

Cons

There is a lot of micromanagement that trickles down the latter. Many of the companies departments outside of operations are disorganized, understaffed, and have a lack of training to support the delis. Once you've been with the company as a GM for a few years, job growth is stagnant as well as salary. The company has moved in a direction of hiring less qualified people that they can pay less money too to increase profits.

Stop trying to constantly change everything. Simplify the menu. Its impossible to please everyone all of the time.

There are newer employer reviews for Jason's Deli