Jasper Contractors

There are newer employer reviews for Jasper Contractors

Account Manager

Former Employee - Account Manager in Dallas, TX
Former Employee - Account Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Jasper Contractors full-time (less than an year)

Pros

none whatsoever...this is the worst company I have ever worked for so I am happy that I no longer working for. You will be very sorry like I was for believing all the hype that they present at there employment job fairs to get more bodies to make them money.

Cons

Work a ton of hours for only 30k plus commission
commissions take a long time to get paid when you are a new hire trying to build your sales pipeline.
company truck is worthless cause you can only drive it to and from work if you meet certain sales goals
high turnover
treated like a trained monkey and expected to make sales every day
have to work major holidays if its during the week like July 4th last year was, which is a waste of time
You will be fired before 90 days is up when you aren't making a ton of sales because company doesn't want to pay for your family's health insurance unless you are making them a bunch of money.
This company always pushes its account managers for more sales even if that person is meeting the required goal of 100,00 producible revenue a month. Always pushing for more out of there sales team.
You collect the money after the job is complete and won't get paid commissions until job is paid so you are also a collections agent for Jasper Contractors.
Get sent out of town for an extended work assignment if your market is new or isn't busy yet so be prepared to go on the road if you are in a slow or new market.
Account managers also get chosen to drive fleet vehicles (trucks, service vans, or pull trailers etc) from other markets if they are no longer using them to a market that needs them yet receives no extra pay or bonus for doing so and maybe forced to make a long drive with no overnight stays to rest.

treat your employees better cause the good ones don't like be treated like a trained monkey beating every door to make a sale in a highly competitive industry

11 Other Employee Reviews for Jasper Contractors (View Most Recent)

Surprised I'm still here after 5 years...and that's a good thing!

Current Employee - Social Media & Marketing Coordinator in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Social Media & Marketing Coordinator in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Jasper Contractors full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

My college degree is far from construction, but I love it here! GREAT health benefits for me and my family (fully paid). If personal things come up with kids, general appointments, getting sick or days off, etc., management is very understanding and accommodating. Management listens to my ideas/suggestions, many of them have been implemented. Jasper promotes a TEAM atmosphere where we try to help each other solve issues or get things done quicker (whatever the situation may be) rather than "that's not in my job description" attitude. I really love being a part of a group that is positive and will go out of their way for a co-worker. I also love explaining our process to homeowners who have never heard of us; it's great hearing the surprise in their voice when they realize how hands on we are throughout the entire process from initial inspection to completed installation. There's always something exciting going on at Jasper whether it is opening a new market, a co-worker's promotion/birthday/new baby, getting new fleet vehicles, helping homeowners read their loss sheet, attending company parties/events, participating in charity drives, the list goes on....I'm am never bored at work to say the least.

Cons

Being the head of our customer service team and social media as well as helping recruit top performers for our sales team, I find that the biggest challenge is dealing with negative reviews or complaints from both homeowners and former employees. I’ll admit that we are not perfect and there is always room for improvement as we grow, but it is really disheartening to see some of the comments made when I know that they not true. I have learned that some people truly just love being negative and projecting that onto others no matter how hard you try or how far out of your way you go to help them.

They paint a pretty picture

Current Employee - Account Manager in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Jasper Contractors full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Getting a steady weekly paycheck is a plus for a sales job since many pay extremely low or are strictly commission. It's also nice that you get a company vehicle b/c quite frankly if you need to take a break and go to a doctors appt you can.

Cons

Its a door to door sales job. Prior to hire I was told "we are not in the business of knocking doors"…biggest lie. The field manager wants you to "hang and bang" every door in your assigned area. If they go out to check up on you and you haven't put out enough door hangers then you'll get fired. If you an walk and talk then you can work here, you DO NOT need a college degree to do this.

When you are interviewed you are told you have to work 60 hours a week in the beginning to build your pipeline. Most applicants figure thats just long days mon-fri, nope! its a 6 day work week… 6 days are mandatory… and if you dare quit or get fired prior to Friday they will cut your last salary check because saturday is NOT a working day. It's mandatory to work but not a working day? lol funny how that works. This job is from sun up to sun down, 6 days a week.

Its an outdoors job. it doesn't matter if its 30 or 98 degrees outside, you are required to knock on every door and get on anyone's roof that'll allow you to. For those that are not aware, the temperature/weather conditions are amplified when on the roof.

There isn't a training program. You sit in the office for two days going over how to send emails or how to call the insurance company to follow up on a claim but that's it. Then they throw you out on your own or with another new account manager with the expectation that you'll get 2 contracts a day. 2 sounds easy and it very well could be once you are established in a neighborhood but most people don't get to that point before you are fired for something ridiculous. If you see that you aren't doing well and you ask for help you won't get any.

They encourage account managers to "prep roofs"…. meaning create damage on the roof. They have one account manager in Orlando that's doing very well and that's his secret. He'll bend back shingles to purposely fail a brittle test. First of all, we shouldn't be performing the test and secondly, any shingle bent back at a 90 degree angle will break. What he's doing sounds more like insurance fraud. Other account managers don't sign homeowners up if they know there really isn't any damage and they refuse to "prep roofs" but that's frowned upon by the field manager.

I wanted to say a pro of the company was the quality work but I'm not even sure on that anymore. Every installation I scheduled had problems. AND insurance companies pay for brand new vents and such for the roof yet Jasper was keeping the old vents and painting them black like a cover up. A few homeowners caught on but I'm not sure if they stopped doing that. Its clearly a way to increase revenue.

They hire often, practically every week. Since the ability to walk and talk is the only requirement, you are a mouse to them. Your job is to go out there and get the money. When you are close to finally getting enough accounts paid to get a commission you are let go. Ha!! All your hard work for nothing but a measly 500/week. When the manager and VP tell you that you can make more flipping burgers thats the TRUTH!!! finally some truth from them lol.

The CEO/Owner will most likely not speak to you. Since he doesn't expect you to be there very long why bother getting to know your name?

All the former employees have about the same complaints, you can't deny that they are true. But the VP and manager do not care. They will fire you even if you make them 200k a month. You are not valued and they are perfectly ok with the turn over rate b/c at the end of the day you are getting them contracts that you will never receive commission for. Their expenses are low and revenue is high. Jasper wins.

There are newer employer reviews for Jasper Contractors