Jasper Contractors

www.jasperroof.com

Account Manager

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Dallas, TX
Former Employee - Account Manager in Dallas, TX

Pros

none whatsoever...this is the worst company I have ever worked for so I am happy that I no longer working for. You will be very sorry like I was for believing all the hype that they present at there employment job fairs to get more bodies to make them money.

Cons

Work a ton of hours for only 30k plus commission
commissions take a long time to get paid when you are a new hire trying to build your sales pipeline.
company truck is worthless cause you can only drive it to and from work if you meet certain sales goals
high turnover
treated like a trained monkey and expected to make sales every day
have to work major holidays if its during the week like July 4th last year was, which is a waste of time
You will be fired before 90 days is up when you aren't making a ton of sales because company doesn't want to pay for your family's health insurance unless you are making them a bunch of money.
This company always pushes its account managers for more sales even if that person is meeting the required goal of 100,00 producible revenue a month. Always pushing for more out of there sales team.
You collect the money after the job is complete and won't get paid commissions until job is paid so you are also a collections agent for Jasper Contractors.
Get sent out of town for an extended work assignment if your market is new or isn't busy yet so be prepared to go on the road if you are in a slow or new market.
Account managers also get chosen to drive fleet vehicles (trucks, service vans, or pull trailers etc) from other markets if they are no longer using them to a market that needs them yet receives no extra pay or bonus for doing so and maybe forced to make a long drive with no overnight stays to rest.

treat your employees better cause the good ones don't like be treated like a trained monkey beating every door to make a sale in a highly competitive industry

Other reviews for Jasper Contractors

Surprised I'm still here after 5 years...and that's a good thing!

Current Employee - Social Media & Marketing Coordinator  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Social Media & Marketing Coordinator in Atlanta, GA

Pros

My college degree is far from construction, but I love it here! GREAT health benefits for me and my family (fully paid). If personal things come up with kids, general appointments, getting sick or days off, etc., management is very understanding and accommodating. Management listens to my ideas/suggestions, many of them have been implemented. Jasper promotes a TEAM atmosphere where we try to help each other solve issues or get things done quicker (whatever the situation may be) rather than "that's not in my job description" attitude. I really love being a part of a group that is positive and will go out of their way for a co-worker. I also love explaining our process to homeowners who have never heard of us; it's great hearing the surprise in their voice when they realize how hands on we are throughout the entire process from initial inspection to completed installation. There's always something exciting going on at Jasper whether it is opening a new market, a co-worker's promotion/birthday/new baby, getting new fleet vehicles, helping homeowners read their loss sheet, attending company parties/events, participating in charity drives, the list goes on....I'm am never bored at work to say the least.

Cons

Being the head of our customer service team and social media as well as helping recruit top performers for our sales team, I find that the biggest challenge is dealing with negative reviews or complaints from both homeowners and former employees. I’ll admit that we are not perfect and there is always room for improvement as we grow, but it is really disheartening to see some of the comments made when I know that they not true. I have learned that some people truly just love being negative and projecting that onto others no matter how hard you try or how far out of your way you go to help them.

Management has no leadership ability, treats employees like cattle, no planning or strategy.

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Omaha, NE

Pros

It beats unemployment (that's all!)

Cons

Management calls meetings to browbeat employees who are already working 70 hours a week, then browbeats them if they aren't 15 minutes earlier than the time the meeting was called..
    Horrible communication of policy changes, despite repeated mandatory meetings where nothing meaningful is communicated
    All they do communicate is "we need contracts, we need jobs bought, we need to schedule jobs to be built TOMORROW!!"
    Unrealistic planning, then blaming Account Managers for not keeping crews busy.
    Treats employees like they are in grade school.
    Treats homeowners like they are indebted to the company the moment the homeowners signs a contract.
    Owner clearly has no respect nor appreciation for employees, and that mentality cascades throughout management to the rank and file employees.

Learn how to manage a company and to show respect for your employees and customers. Learn to have realistic expectations of your people, and that they are not at fault for your poor decision making.

There are newer employer reviews for Jasper Contractors.

Worked for Jasper Contractors? Contribute to the Community!