Director Sales

Former Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Jaspersoft full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

work, life balance, great products ad vision

Cons

not to many A players

Advice to Management

need to pay for great talent

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Excellent company for technical talent

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Jaspersoft

Pros

I found Jaspersoft to be an exciting, challenging place to work. Management listened to individual contributors, and gave them the opportunity to make a real difference to the company. Risk taking was accepted, and even encouraged. It was fun being in the open source business, and being at a company that was innovative in both its product and its business model.

Cons

I wasn't crazy about the work space. Its an old San Francisco building with a weird floor plan. Some of the early techies have left, leaving a knowledge void. Company wasn't profitable when I left.

Advice to Management

Make sure the teams overseas are tightly integrated with the rest of the company. Focus on turning a profit - avoid distractions and peripheral opportunities.

2. I've been in software 20+ years. Jaspersoft is the best company I've ever worked for.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Jaspersoft

Pros

The people and the product. We have intelligent, hard working, level headed executive leadership, departmental management, and colleagues. Our product strategy and management departments are much more sophisticated than a few years ago, and the result is some really exciting product. And finally, respect - mutual respect across departments and geographies and up and down the hierarchy are built into the Jaspersoft corporate culture. If you're smart, respectful, and work hard it's a great place to work.

Cons

We run pretty lean - it would be nice to have more operating budget. Like most software companies, we work hard and sometimes very long hours.