There are newer employer reviews for Javelin Marketing Group

This is an OK agency, I do not think others are any better than Javelin.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Irving, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I have been working at Javelin Marketing Group

Pros

This is an OK agency, I do not think other agencies are any better than Javelin. But she has her potentials to be much better. People are friendly here, pretty much everybody gets paid regardless of your skiills and performances (on the condition that our clients pay us). Job securiy is fine, layoff only happends when we lose a client. Work/life balance is fine (partially because we do not have many projects to keep us busy). Good HR staff.

Cons

Work can get very political sometimes. Team leaders are very territorial, team work barely exists. Innovation and venture are not encouraged. Too many layers of management. for such a small company. High employee churn rate. Shrinking revenue. Low work morale.

Focus on new business development. Take drastic means to turn things around. Improve work efficiency, Lower overall cost.

28 Other Employee Reviews for Javelin Marketing Group (View Most Recent)

Back-stabbing Environment

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Dallas, TX

I worked at Javelin Marketing Group

Pros

My experience at Javelin was not a very good one; however, there were some coworkers who made the day bearable plus the salary average for an SAE (in 2008-2009)

Cons

A general lack of leadership and complete lack of knowledge sharing, training, etc made this the absolute worst company to work for. Leadership changes meant that my new boss was going to be one of the worst backstabbers in the company, which is saying a lot because this place is full of them as they seem to be the ones who advance the most. I hate to say it, but this place was basically like the nightmare version of high school. Lack of professionalism as well made it hard for me to manage the mostly Gen Y crowd (which I am also a member of) - coming in to work with a stained t-shirt and flip flops and thinking this is OK especially in Account Service dept? Really??? This place was a 3 ring circus at best (not the fun kind).

Try listening to your employees on a real rather than superficial level. You MUST learn to relate and manage the Gen Y crowd by example. More structure and better defined job descriptions with clearly defined expectations would certainly help matters.

Lost opportunities

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Javelin Marketing Group

Pros

Some great people, including supervisors. Mostly a pretty laid-back atmosphere.

Cons

To much management BS with way to many ra-ra meetings and silly feelgood activities. Lots of patting ourselves on the back. At the same time a general lack of real leadership. Hard to get a straight answer from anyone. Sometimes it seemed like everyone took everything for granted like we worked for the government. When we lost business, lots of finger pointing.

Get real and cut the BS.

There are newer employer reviews for Javelin Marketing Group

Worked for Javelin Marketing Group? Contribute to the Community!