Jean-Georges Management

www.jean-georges.com
  www.jean-georges.com
There are newer employer reviews for Jean-Georges Management

Working at Jean-Georges Restaurant was a very fun and exciting learning opportunity

Former Employee - Culinary Extern in New York, NY
Former Employee - Culinary Extern in New York, NY

I worked at Jean-Georges Management part-time (less than an year)

Pros

While working at Jean-Georges during my culinary externship, I was given my own station, the Amuse Bouche. I was in charge of every aspect of the station, including order, prepping, cooking, and plating. While the Amuse Bouche is only a small part of the dining experience, it is the very first impression from the chef, therefore it was a big responsibility. Also, the other line cooks could not start cooking until my food was sent to the table.

During downtimes, I was able to go around to the other stations and help plate and sometimes cook. It was very fun watching how everyone worked in the restaurant. I learned how important communication between stations is and different cooking methods.

Cons

The kitchen is very small, therefore prepping is difficult at times. Equipment is limited and I often found myself waiting to do something, which slowed me down severely. I also found some of the staff unapproachable, but that might be a problem with myself or the fact that I was just an extern.

10 Other Employee Reviews for Jean-Georges Management (View Most Recent)

A company that forgets its employees are human.

I have been working at Jean-Georges Management

Pros

Pay is good, so long as they don't over staff.
    Safe neighborhood
    Flexible with the schedule with most situations.
    Very friendly coworkers.

Cons

Constant changing in management
    Constant changing in policy
    Constant micromanaging on the part of the Restaurant's Management and Management at the Corporate Level
    Company is biased when it comes to promotions (Skinny, Caucasian, American, for positions as a Waiter of Higher) - Supported by Corporate Management

Training for all managers on all levels on how to successfully lead staff is essential. These managers have breezed through Business Management, but seem to have forgotten to take notes on Human Resources and how to manage it.

Mercer Kitchen

Current Employee - Hostess
    Current Employee - Hostess

I have been working at Jean-Georges Management

Pros

after 3 months you get 50% off on a dinner for two

Cons

The employees are always rushing. I understand we have customers to attend but lets be polite about pushing people. Managers don't say hello and then when one takes on there attitude the say where miserable. No one wants to help each other, while maybe you might be open to helping anyone who needs it. People quit about everyday, even in there training days.

there are better restautants to work at in NEW YORK