Jean-Georges Management

www.jean-georges.com

It sucks your soul out

Pastry (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsIf you can survive this kitchen for a year you can work in any kitchen in NYC. You will learn everything you need to be a great cook and you will be forced to work to a 4 star level of perfection. You will justifiably be able to ignore interns and new hires until they make it at least 2 months, because many do not. You will be able to walk away knowing you are a better cook than 90% of cooks out there.

ConsIt will make you miserable. You must be able to find joy in the smallest things or you won't make it. You have to be thick skinned and have a sense of humor and be able to accept the fact that life just isn't fair. It's chaotic, crowded, nothing works, some times food doesn't get ordered and it's always your fault. You have to find a way to get it done. No excuses. DO NOT WORK HERE IF YOU AREN'T SERIOUS ABOUT BEING A CHEF - this isn't for people who like cooking. It's for serious cooks.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep being tough on the cook to make them great - but there should also be a reward system for being good. The intern and most senior cooks shouldn't get paid the same.

Working at Jean-Georges Restaurant was a very fun and exciting learning opportunity

Culinary Extern (Former Employee) New York, NY

I worked at Jean-Georges Management part-time for less than a year

Pros: While working at Jean-Georges during my culinary externship, I was given my own station, the Amuse Bouche. I was in charge of every aspect of… Cons: The kitchen is very small, therefore prepping is difficult at times. Equipment is limited and I often found myself waiting to do something, which slowed… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

A company that forgets its employees are human.

I have been working at Jean-Georges Management

Pros: Pay is good, so long as they don't over staff. Safe… Cons: Constant changing in management Constant changing in policy Constant micromanaging on the part of the Restaurant's Management and Management at the Corporate Level Company… Advice to Senior Management: Training for all managers on all levels on how to successfully lead staff is essential. These managers have breezed… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Jean-Georges Management.

Worked for Jean-Georges Management? Contribute to the Community!