Great Place, Great Experience, Strong Deal Flow

Current Employee - Analyst in Foster City, CA
Current Employee - Analyst in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Jefferies & Company

Pros

Awesome deal flow. One of the top names in tech investment banking

Cons

long hours, sometimes feels like we work well in excess of typical investment bankers (who already work a lot)

Advice to Management

Good work, keep bringing in deals. Also keep an eye on overworked employees to make sure they dont get too burned out.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Great Investment Bank, horrible for career advancement

Former Employee - Middle Office in Jersey City, NJ
    Former Employee - Middle Office in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at Jefferies & Company

Pros

It's an up and coming bank

Cons

The job I was hired to do was not rewarding, repetitive, and extremely boring

2. bad experience, not only did they lie about the amount of interns that would be converted, but they took extra time

Former Employee - Summer Analyst - Fixed Income Sales & Trading in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Summer Analyst - Fixed Income Sales & Trading in New York, NY

I worked at Jefferies & Company

Pros

not many ----pay is at least in line with other firms

Cons

just for everyone's reference in the future ---probably should try to stay away from jefferies for summer internships---at least for trading
    in fixed income they told us they would be hiring 70 to 80% of the analysts for the program----then even on the last day of the internship they told us they would hire 6 or 7 of the 10 interns----

to make matters worse, not only did they take an extra 3 weeks then they were supposed to to give offer decisions----but they only hired 2 people----

furthermore, the program is extremely unstructured---theres no formal training---and the whole mentality among people there has nothing to do with giving an intern a positions---there's no mentorship program---the EM desk literally told us from the start that they only hire people with experience---the advice is to stay away coming from someone that had offers at multiple BB programs and ended up obv. not getting an offer....

ranting because i just saw a video on their new careers site with their head of FI saying how they are now focusing on building internally via hiring junior people----when that is a bunch of crap (at least for fixed income)

extremely unprofessional HR treatment

Advice to Management

get the intern program more organized---don't mislead kids into taking a position with the firm when there's an extremely small chance of getting hired----build a training program--support and have HR honor a date of commitment