There are newer employer reviews for Jefferies & Company

Jefferies Group, no babysitting.

Former Employee - Research Associate  in  San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Research Associate in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Jefferies & Company

Pros

The culture breeds success through competition, provided the markets are cooperating of course. There is no stifling bureaucracy or 25 layers of middle management. The focus is on the bottom line, so you can focus on doing the best possible job without the typical corporate BS. If you do not want to be part of large, impersonal organization with bumbling management, its a great place to work.

Cons

You will not enjoy the "perks" of a typical corporate job, no gyms, very little training. If you are someone who needs a lifeline or a clear path to follow, instead of making your own path, then you may end up aimless.

Set up systems allow your employees to move around within the firm. I felt it was easier to look outside the company for a new type of role than it was to look within the company - I ended up going to a company that is a competitor in an area that Jefferies is trying grow in.

106 Other Employee Reviews for Jefferies & Company (View Most Recent)

Best mid-market bank

Current Employee - Analyst, Investment Banking  in  London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Analyst, Investment Banking in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Jefferies & Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work-life balance, culture, career growth opportunities

Cons

Not well known in the market, few exit options

Dynamic environment

Former Employee - Investment Banking Analyst  in  London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Investment Banking Analyst in London, England (UK)

I worked at Jefferies & Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people and work ethic. Interesting projects and drive. Young dynamic teams, and experienced senior management. An interesting cultural dynamic. The office is well positioned in London and a great design. Not far from the river too, yet not in the absolute depths of the city.

Cons

US firm, so hours and expectations can be high. Though compensation was good, healthcare is excellent and other benefits are well in line or exceed other companies. At the time I was there. Some management are driving very hard, and don't quite realise the burden on the junior employees. I guess normal in IBD culture. But it's a shame as it doesn't seem to be part of the initial intention. The growth was fast and was not able to sustain a balanced and positive working environment.

Encourage more work life balance.

There are newer employer reviews for Jefferies & Company

Worked for Jefferies & Company? Contribute to the Community!