Jefferies & Company

www.jefferies.com
  www.jefferies.com
There are newer employer reviews for Jefferies & Company

Jefferies Group, no babysitting.

Former Employee - Research Associate in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Research Associate in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Jefferies & Company

Pros

The culture breeds success through competition, provided the markets are cooperating of course. There is no stifling bureaucracy or 25 layers of middle management. The focus is on the bottom line, so you can focus on doing the best possible job without the typical corporate BS. If you do not want to be part of large, impersonal organization with bumbling management, its a great place to work.

Cons

You will not enjoy the "perks" of a typical corporate job, no gyms, very little training. If you are someone who needs a lifeline or a clear path to follow, instead of making your own path, then you may end up aimless.

Set up systems allow your employees to move around within the firm. I felt it was easier to look outside the company for a new type of role than it was to look within the company - I ended up going to a company that is a competitor in an area that Jefferies is trying grow in.

114 Other Employee Reviews for Jefferies & Company (View Most Recent)

A good experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at Jefferies & Company full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great company to work for, got to experience a wide variety tasks during my employment and worked with a variety of excellent financial professionals

Cons

Difficult market conditions could put a strain on revenue generation within the team. But it was a situation shared by all.

Good place for Seniors not for Juniors

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at Jefferies & Company full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Company has a good reputation. Worked with many go getters and intelligent people in a relatively good environment.

Cons

Management happy to keep qualified juniors in roles with little responsibility. As a result juniors receive little to no training or guidance. I don't like commenting specifically but workflow certainly wasn't increasing in the business division i was in while i was there, this was inline with many other investment banks. In my opinion opportunities in these institutions are becoming smaller and smaller. Probably not as good a career path as it once was.

Firm won't have a long term future unless you invest in young potential.

There are newer employer reviews for Jefferies & Company