Jellyvision Lab

Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Jellyvision Lab

Pros

Pros

- Health/Dental/Vision premium covered by company
- Lots of hard-working, creative folks
- Semi-flexible work schedules if they like you enough
- Seemed like an amazing place for the first couple of months

Cons

Cons

- In a word, management. Most of the people running the company are lacking intellectually and creatively and will rarely pass on an opportunity to make it painfully obvious
- I never got the impression that the uppers viewed me as more than a cog despite what rhetoric was spewed about being a family
- No matter how the sales guy tries to spin it, they are selling flash videos and nothing more

I'm not sure there is anything that could be done since management is the largest issue. I shall reserve my advice instead for a potential candidate: keep looking. There are much, much better places in Chicago - both large and small.

10 Other Employee Reviews for Jellyvision Lab (View Most Recent)

Just an all around awesome job!

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Tester in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Tester in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Jellyvision Lab as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Great salary, great people to work with

Cons

Contract position; doesn't last long enough

The best time of my life

Former Employee - Web App Developer in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Web App Developer in Chicago, IL

I worked at Jellyvision Lab full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Working at Jellyvision allowed me to refine my craft as a developer.

The mentoring that I received throughout my tenure was priceless. There are many seasoned veteran developers - they cultivate the talent of the rest of the engineering team. All members of the engineering team - both experienced and green - have techniques and knowledge to share.

Collaboration with other departments and teams happens frequently. Over the course of the time that I was at Jellyvision, I worked with sales, consumer insights/analytics, business development, recruiting, artists, and writers. Working with people in other specializations was a great opportunity to learn new things.

As much of Jellyvision's business is a benefits-focused, the benefits the company provides are way above average.

Cons

It's difficult to cite any negative aspects of Jellyvision. There certainly were problems over the course of my tenure, but the company is quick to learn from mistakes. With the huge success of the ALEX product and the quality of work coming from the agency side of the business, Jellyvision is experiencing a significant amount of growth - as such, growing pains should be expected. There were many lessons learned, and it was incredibly educational to watch the leadership, colleagues, and the company develop and evolve as it has.

There are newer employer reviews for Jellyvision Lab