There are newer employer reviews for Jennifer Convertibles

Jennifer Convertible Associate

Current Employee - Sales Associate
Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Jennifer Convertibles

Pros

A couple of the pros for working at Jennifer Convertibles are the opportunities for growth within the company, they do not discriminate against experience.

Cons

Depending on the location of where you are working, the store can be very quiet therefore not being able to generate sales.

I do think they should create bigger showrooms instead so that people can really see a living room set put together, it would help with selling.

reviews filtered by
  1. Retail Purgatory

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Jennifer Convertibles full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Flexible Hours, Smaller stores, minimal wage plus commission and some bonuses, new management in company means more pressure for sales performance but FINALLY stores are getting updated equipment and new styles which make busy sales days easier. Still not as cutthroat as many other sales jobs. Nice people to work with. Good relations between stores.

Cons

As with most retail you work weekends and holidays. Dealing with ridiculously irate customers who freak out when they aren't home for delv etc.

Pay tied to sales is very unreliable...one month flush and the next scrambling to pay the utility bill. Not much room to advance as most stores have only a few employees. Once you're a Manager there is nowhere to go.

Benefits are not good. Health Insurance is so expensive that the average salesperson could not afford it. No real retirement benefits. 2 weeks paid vacation(just your base wage) after 1 year.

Customer service department is badly trained and unhelpful in resolving customers problems.

Consider raising base wages tied to employee performance.
    Ask for feedback and opinions from local store managers(ie the people on the front lines) and LISTEN to their ideas.

2. a slap in the face.....

I have been working at Jennifer Convertibles full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Base pay + bonus commission and that's only a partial pro.....

Cons

Where do I begin.... No one should have to work an 11 hour straight shift ..... Employees do not get paid anywhere near enough to deal with how much we do. It's bad business to tell a future employee one amount they will be paid then actually pay something different.. something less at that! System of training is horrible and lacking many of the computer skills needed to access more pieces and considering the main system is from 1994 it's not saying much. Employees learn by trial on many things. The furniture may have been great at one point but not these days. We have brand new pieces where the frames are falling apart and this is what the client gets in their home. That is, IF it gets to there home, delivery Is by far the worst I have seen. Not only will they charge more then everywhere else but half of the time you won't even get your furniture and if you do its a miracle if it comes undamaged. From a client stand point I would not waste my time and money here from an employee standpoint We are underpaid and overworked. Now to the customer service or should I say lack thereof..... It's horrible.... The point of a customer service center is to help client questions and issues. The store does half of your work too....

You want to make a profit? Stop advertising 299 sofas so much because that won't make any money... Fix your delivery it is in desperate need of a change if you want to keep what little money you are making instead of all refunds due to delayed or damaged delivery....stop being so cheap and hire enough employees to do the work so each and everyone can work more productively on the position at hand....you get what you pay for, just like a 299 sofa that falls apart before even being deliverd or underpaid employees who just don't care about the service or sales because they don't get paid enough to do so...your 2% commission is a slap in the face to the employees who work hard.

There are newer employer reviews for Jennifer Convertibles