Jenny Craig

www.jennycraig.com
  www.jennycraig.com
There are newer employer reviews for Jenny Craig

Started out saving lives ended saving my own....

Current Employee - Management in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Management in Houston, TX

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

In Centre great people working hard to help clients be successful. Good team environment when it the right team. Some benefits are good, good PTO but so short staffed you can take it.

Cons

Everyone above the Centre Director level lies, creates a poor working environment, cares only about protected there job, and are not business savey at all! All the reviews I have read are right on target. The upper management is running Jenny stores into the ground. Maybe this is what Nestlé wants...if so its working. They treat staff so poorly everyone is quitting, this excludes really poor pay. I have had full time employees going to the food banks to feed their family because the pay is so bad.
Even with all the "cut backs" the upper management still travels all over via air which is costly and they stay in really nice hotels all the while telling 'us' to cut back hours. Absolutely no loyalty to their long time tenured employees. And the training and the money they spend on the WORST training I have ever had to do....they brag how great the training is cause upper management doesn't dare to tell the trust..it sucks and costs so much. Why so much? Because after all the 'testing' once they get all the new materials out and after months of it not working they scrap it all!!!! All the hype about the training and then we throught it all away. Ask anyone who works there and they will tell you the upper management are useless. The Centres DON'T need them 'visiting' just to spend money which could be used to pay the staff in Center more which would make the company money.

Well, if they really ever read this site they would have to be stupid not to change things...so I don't know if it makes any difference but here it goes. Remove the OLD upper management that have been there way to long running the company in the ground. The CEO, VP of North America, the DDs and DMs and most of the MDs since they are so scared to do anything now cause everyone in the field is getting let go every chance they (upper management) get. Let the CDs really run the stores with the employees that are really go at what they do. Also have weight stipulations on employees WW you have to be within 5 lbs of a healthy weight. You can promote client sto get healthy and stay that way if your staff can't do it. It's embarrassing to go to a Center when everyone is very overweight.

290 Other Employee Reviews for Jenny Craig (View Most Recent)

Money and Sales at all cost HEALTH FAMILY FRIENDS LIFE

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Riverside, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Riverside, CA

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The clients and only the clients

Cons

MARKET Director Riverside California Center Director and cut throat world to survive HUMAN RESOURCES get rid of the click up there and listen to your emplyees who bring in all the money WORD OF MOUTH IS EVERYTHING 100% of your employees are unhappy and tell the clients

When your employees clients and friends are trying to help you LISTEN Do NOT pay commission train your employees to be on time DRUG TEST and Alcohol test your employees they are LAZY

"Change Lives" for the worse

Former Employee - Program Director in Huntington Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Program Director in Huntington Beach, CA

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Meeting with people and assisting them; honestly (the company does not encourage honest communication however), with their weight-loss.

Cons

-Slave Labor-like work conditions: throughout the course of a day you play the role of sales person, nutritionist/advisor/counselor/cunsultant, stock room person, inventory specialist, receptionist, PR Person, promotion person, data entry person, and manager (the latter of which is to compensate for the lack of management provided. Employees with these skills are relied upon to cover this function when needed).
    -Complete disregard for human life: Sure, you are provided a decent amount of PTO hours; but I dare you to find the coverage to utilize those hours. (see; constant employee turnover)
    -Constant Employee Turnover: The food-room should be the only door equipped with a revolving door to assist employees with their job function as it gets busy sometimes, and ever since they decided to cut back on "non-essential jobs" such as CSC's, the rest of the staff has to pull their client's food while answering phones, taking messages, stocking, etc. . This company treats their beloved and loyal employees so disrespectfully that nobody cares to stick it out long enough to actually "Change Lives"! Think this shouldn't create too big of a problem? Try convincing the clients that you will RE-assign them with an even better consultant once HR lies to yet another person swept up in the hoopla and who is emotionally charged with helping their fellow mankind. It isn't fun and makes your chance of making quota decrease while your chance of getting written up for not making quota increase. Which brings me to my next Con...
    -Zero Accountability: from management. Everyone above Centre-Level Employees are too inexperienced to actually manage a business that they become obsessed with pointing the finger at everyone else beneath them. Hint; if your business keeps losing money every year hand-over-fist yet your training curriculum improves, YOU are what's wrong. Isn't that the definition of insanity btw?
    -Marketing: Perhaps the worst efforts from an International, better yet, ANY company I have seen. This company never left the 80's and looks at their audience as if they are the one's with the problem. Wake-up Jenny and realize time is passing you by along with your customers. It is NOT your employees, it is you!
    -Lies, Lies and more Lies: As employees we are told one thing and soon realize that we were lied to. Don't you mean the company changed its direction and you weren't flexible enough? No. Good one though! Anyone who has ever worked here knows that the hand does not know what the head is doing which results in constant miscommunication. Worse yet is the company accepts ZERO accountability for its actions. Instead they dangle your job in front of you through constant "communication reports". Oh, this is for your protection as well as the company's they tell you. When they want you to do something shady, manipulative or illegal, they'll dangle that little piece of paper in your face seeking compliance though.
    -The Pay: See Slave Labor. Seriously, it is a joke at how little this company pays for the amount of work expected. And, I am someone with a ridiculously high work ethic! In addition to all of the various positions you work -for minimum wage, you go without breaks afforded to you. Isn't there Labor Laws in your State though? Ahhhh... Another good one! Last Year Jenny circumvented that along with a whole bunch of other pesky labor laws by implementing their "Mandatory Arbitration Agreement". This gave them the right to treat their employees even worse than they were and not run the risk of getting sued for it. Feel free to Google Jenny Craig Employee Lawsuits if you think I exaggerate; but make sure you set aside a lot of extra time so you can read through the numerous class action and individual suits against this company.

I could write a book, filled with the many Cons of working for this company. When in doubt, check it out. If you see any positive reviews on this site for this company, they are more than likely from upper management or HR who have learned of these negative reviews. I attempted to form a Union for employees on our employee blog and this was squashed immediately. They laugh at the law and do everything possible to cheat their employees and customers. If you are someone who has no moral fiber and don't mind cheating people or lying to them, then this job is a great fit for you.

Please, fire yourselves and beg to be replaced by qualified, educated and morally correct individuals. You should all be ashamed of the many lives you have ruined as a result of your existence. May your souls be forever tormented for the pain and suffering you have caused your
    fellow mankind.