There are newer employer reviews for Jenny Craig

Jenny Craig works as a weight loss program but struggles as a work environment

Current Employee - Program Director in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Program Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I like helping clients make healthier choices? Our food is the best, and that's why the prices are higher. Our field employees work really hard for not very competitive compensation. And clients do lose weight on jc if they stick with it.

Cons

We can't beat our competitors. We have a horrible website. Check out ww, it has two apps and a great new site. Our food is 66% more than nutrisystem. Our staff is underpaid at all levels in the field and there are staffing issues because team members throw up their hands and find something else.

Advice to Management

Jenny needs to get with the times. Centers look like the 80's. There is no app. Make the programs more affordable for clients. Pay people what they are worth and quality applicants will apply.

Other Employee Reviews for Jenny Craig

Jenny Craig - Beware- Working for this company is dangerous

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working with clients and the other employees.

Cons

Don't even consider this company for employment

Advice to Management

Quit spending money on training new people; give the ones you have pay raises. Trust your employees

Great program not so great place to work.

Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I was able to learn so much about nutrition and the weight lost industry. 50 % off the food so maintaining my weight was very easy and the food is the best out there. I met many great clients and also networking helped me find a new job.

Cons

The pay isn't that great. Out dated computer systems. They are always crashing and it makes us look so bad and it's embarrassing. Lack of support from upper management and center director. My Center director was a bully, wasn't supportive, never helped the staff, she was always on her iphone, and would talk crap about the staff and upper management. extremely childish and very vindictive. Hours are too long and having to work the major national holidays were horrific. Working July 4th is the most ridiculous ever.

Advice to Management

get better computer system that works. pay your employees more. listen to us