Jenny Craig

www.jennycraig.com

Jenny Craig works as a weight loss program but struggles as a work environment

Current Employee - Program Director  in  Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Program Director in Chicago, IL

Pros

I like helping clients make healthier choices? Our food is the best, and that's why the prices are higher. Our field employees work really hard for not very competitive compensation. And clients do lose weight on jc if they stick with it.

Cons

We can't beat our competitors. We have a horrible website. Check out ww, it has two apps and a great new site. Our food is 66% more than nutrisystem. Our staff is underpaid at all levels in the field and there are staffing issues because team members throw up their hands and find something else.

Jenny needs to get with the times. Centers look like the 80's. There is no app. Make the programs more affordable for clients. Pay people what they are worth and quality applicants will apply.

Other reviews for Jenny Craig

Terrible Pay. Demoralizing work

Pros

-Helping people change their lives
    -Meeting some really great and interesting people
    -Working with others who really wantto help people
    -Great/Healthy way to lose weight when the program is followed

Cons

-Poverty level pay
    -No support from corporate
    -Terrible communication from the company
    -Demoralizing to not be able to help people like we should be able to
    -Constant phone work (almost cold calling past clients)
    -Too expensive to keep clients long term
    -Long hours/not enough time off

The company is one of the worst paying, and least supportive ( to it's employees) that I have every worked for. I , and others, have to have a second job to simply be able to pay rent and eat. We provide therapy to clients who don't have the money to pay a professional psychiatrist. You are a cheerleader, a confidant, a shoulder to cry on, and a therapist all for almost no pay. The commission scale is a joke, and doesn't reward you for actually getting client to their goal weight. The emotional weigh down from taking on all of your clients problems is crushing. When you don't have a client in center, you are calling from lists of people who have quit the program. Most of the live calls bring hostility from the former clients, and you're often hung up on and yelled at for calling to try to bring people back to the program. There is almost no advertising. Consultants are expected to bring most of the business in by calling people in any free time. The hours are long and there is no time off. Holidays are all worked ( even when corporate is closed) and trying to find someone to cover for you to take your time off is a nightmare

Pay your employees better and take over some of the stress of advertising and getting people through the door. Make changes to update the company and get rid of the ridiculous PPH and FDA requirements.

Demoralizing Environment and Ultimately Disappointing Experience

Pros

Clean work environment, friendships, a few inspiring clients, half off food, working as a team

Cons

Too many (unimportant) operational pieces to keep track of. You are always made to feel that something is falling through the cracks.

Technology is extremely outdated.

Pay below Centre Director level is appalling for the amount of tasks and responsibilities, and to be the main point of contact for the clients.

High employee turnover rate due to low wages, unrealistic performance expectations, and feeling unappreciated and under valued by the company.

Upper management comes across as arrogant, smug, and secretive. The employees do not view them as having integrity.

Marketing: We were expected to grow the business, but had only 1-2 new clients per month.

Improve Marketing!

Increase Compensation! Good luck retaining qualified, dedicated, loyal employees, especially consultants, at the current pay rate.

Increase Transparency! Your employees are not idiots, but you treat them as such. Train your management team to act with integrity. You have an extremely negative corporate culture.

Take a long, hard look in the mirror to see that you are responsible for so many of the issues leading to the decline of the business. With so many unflattering employee and client reviews online, the internet and social media will contribute to the decline (demise?) of Jenny Craig if changes are not made.

There are newer employer reviews for Jenny Craig.

Worked for Jenny Craig? Contribute to the Community!