Jenny Craig
www.jennycraig.com Carlsbad, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Great program...bad place to work

Manager (Former Employee)
San Diego, CA

ProsHelping clients lose weight and reaching their goals

ConsIts too bad Jenny Craig doesn't treat their employees nearly as good as they treat their clients. You will work long hours, get paid minimal (minimum wage or maybe a few cents more oh and when you get a review be prepared to receive maybe 20 cents more an hour), be expected to make call after call to get back old clients since Marketing does nothing to bring in more business, get be rated and bullied by your Market Director oh and he/she will make sure to talk behind your back or spread rumors to other employees...hello are we in High School now? LOL I could keep going but I think you get the idea.

Advice to Senior ManagementFirst get some marketing! Come on don't you think its about time to actually advertise like other weight loss companies? If you want your business to sustain another 30 years treat your employees with respect and pay them what they are worth, you just might become more successful. Something else is get with the times! The technology used is ancient and no email in centers or apps for smart phones? Come on Nestle and Dana stop browbeating your employees and actually listen to them, but wait employees wont always be forthcoming when their MD is a bully.

Loved the job. Got tired of working ALL the time to pay bills.

Program Consultant (Former Employee)

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time for less than a year

Pros: * The people that you get to help. I really felt like I was making a difference in their lives... My… Cons: * The compensation. It is not enough to live on. Most people have a spouse, are going in debt trying to make this job work… Advice to Senior Management: Advice to Nestle: Get a new CEO. Intervene immediately, listen to your consultants who see clients every day. Change the compensation plan. Different ways to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Terrible Pay. Demoralizing work

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time

Pros: -Helping people change their lives -Meeting some really great and interesting people -Working with others… Cons: -Poverty level pay -No support from corporate -Terrible communication from the company -Demoralizing to not be able to help people like we should be able to -Constant phone work… Advice to Senior Management: Pay your employees better and take over some of the stress of advertising and getting people through… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Jenny Craig.

Worked for Jenny Craig? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Jenny Craig reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Jenny Craig CEO Monty Sharma. All reviews posted anonymously by Jenny Craig employees.