JENNY Craig is nothing more than a Sweat Shop

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant
Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The only good thing is the clients and helping them get healthy and raise their self-esteem

Cons

Absolutely NO appreciation from center you work in, upper management, or corporate.
Base pay sucks $7+ an hour and maybe if you kiss ass you get 2 cent raise yearly.
Expected to be councelor, therapist, babysitter, stocker, telemarketer, etc etc etc etc.......
Treated like a slave with unrealistic expectations.
There is back stabbing, lying, harassment and discrimination.
Two employees to be in center at all times but CD's seem to be exempt from that "rule".
Computer system is horrible and not only is slower than slow but crashes constantly.
Never enough food delivered and constantly have to tell client's we are out of certain items which impacts customer service (corporate could care less).
Complete Negative attitude from Cd, Market Director, upper Management, nothing you do is appreciated or acknowledged EVER!

Advice to Management

Cannot believe a company such as Nestle' who owns jenny craig allows craig to treat their employees in such a horrific way. Lost all respect for Neltle' Corporation.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Nestle terrible to their employees

I worked at Jenny Craig part-time

Pros

great client to work with

Cons

Their employee are disposable, you have to be good at kissing butt

Advice to Management

appreciate good employees

Jenny Craig a Nestle corporation.

I have been working at Jenny Craig

Pros

Jenny Craig does work via purchased food and consultations. They also have a maintanance plan once you've reached your goal to help keep the weight off. I love to help people. This was the best part of this job.

Cons

Jenny Craig (Nestlé) is awful to their employees. The pay is poor and so are their incentives. I truly believe Nestle uses Jenny Craig as a write-off for their other companies given the incompetent decision made. The local upper management is no better. When a problem arises management ignores it hoping it will go away, it never does and just gets worse and the worse it gets the more its ignored. Very unprofessional. At least that’s the way it is in the SF Bay Area. Hence, anyone with any talent usually bolts the first chance they get. I cant help feel sorry for my friends I left behind.