Jenny Craig

www.jennycraig.com

Managers are pretending to play business.

Information Systems (Former Employee) Carlsbad, CA

ProsDiscounted Jenny meals ($2) if you are in need of losing weight. Also a Nestle store in the Jenny Craig corporate building is nice to buy discounted candy and ice cream.

ConsThere has been 4 waves of layoffs in 2012 as the company is hurting in this bad economy. There are many homegrown managers that have been with the company for 10+ years but, don't have a clue what they're doing and pretend like they do. In the last round of layoffs, about 7 managers were demoted which was over due to say the least. There has been an on going conflict between those with the "Ma & Pa Shop" attitude from when Jenny & Sid owned the company and the real corporate managers put in place by Nestle who now owns Jenny Craig. Until the company is ready to be a full blown grown up corporation with real management, there will always be high turn over and employee dissatisfaction there. Management goes in circles not accomplishing much year after year. The company morale is at an all time low and I do not recommend working for this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmpower your employees, listen to them as they are in tune with what's happening outside of your 10 meetings a day with other managers, train your employees, hold people accountable for once, mentor and develop the employees who demonstrate growth potential, and stop burying the little issues as they are the ambers to the big fires that you're constantly having to put out. Also learn from Nestle on how to run a company!

Some of the best years of my life were spent at Jenny Craig

Weight Loss Consultant (Former Employee)

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The one on one support is what sets the Jenny program ahead in the weight loss business. Supporting Clients and watching their success made me… Cons: The food is too expensive. So many times it was so hard having to… Advice to Senior Management: Raise the conultants hourly wage to compensate for the clients not… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Change needs to Occur

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Supporting and affecting change in people's lives. When I have time to actually do my job,… Cons: Same as all the aforementioned. Low pay, low morale, unrealistic expectations, inconsistent expectations. Job descriptions change "as needed'. No sense of job security based on… Advice to Senior Management: Communicate to the field what is really going on. And please give the management in the centers the esteem they deserve. Back in "the day"… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Jenny Craig.

Worked for Jenny Craig? Contribute to the Community!