Jenny Craig

www.jennycraig.com

Managers are pretending to play business.

Former Employee - Information Systems  in  Carlsbad, CA
Former Employee - Information Systems in Carlsbad, CA

Pros

Discounted Jenny meals ($2) if you are in need of losing weight. Also a Nestle store in the Jenny Craig corporate building is nice to buy discounted candy and ice cream.

Cons

There has been 4 waves of layoffs in 2012 as the company is hurting in this bad economy. There are many homegrown managers that have been with the company for 10+ years but, don't have a clue what they're doing and pretend like they do. In the last round of layoffs, about 7 managers were demoted which was over due to say the least. There has been an on going conflict between those with the "Ma & Pa Shop" attitude from when Jenny & Sid owned the company and the real corporate managers put in place by Nestle who now owns Jenny Craig. Until the company is ready to be a full blown grown up corporation with real management, there will always be high turn over and employee dissatisfaction there. Management goes in circles not accomplishing much year after year. The company morale is at an all time low and I do not recommend working for this company.

Empower your employees, listen to them as they are in tune with what's happening outside of your 10 meetings a day with other managers, train your employees, hold people accountable for once, mentor and develop the employees who demonstrate growth potential, and stop burying the little issues as they are the ambers to the big fires that you're constantly having to put out. Also learn from Nestle on how to run a company!

Other reviews for Jenny Craig

Some of the best years of my life were spent at Jenny Craig

Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant
    Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant

Pros

The one on one support is what sets the Jenny program ahead in the weight loss business. Supporting Clients and watching their success made me feel good to go to work everyday. I made good money for the work I did. Made lots of connections and friendships I'll take with me when I go.

Cons

The food is too expensive. So many times it was so hard having to say goodbye to clients before their weightloss was complete because they couldn't afford to continue.

Raise the conultants hourly wage to compensate for the clients not buying the JC food, and doing more food on their own.

Change needs to Occur

Pros

Supporting and affecting change in people's lives.
    When I have time to actually do my job, being able to train my staff and watching them grow and succeed in their positions.

Cons

Same as all the aforementioned. Low pay, low morale, unrealistic expectations, inconsistent expectations. Job descriptions change "as needed'. No sense of job security based on progressive mission and the ever changing expectations. The policy of 2 employees in center at all times, unless it the CD, then it's ok just to lock the door, as if the CD's safety isn't important. I could go on but I've made my point. As a CD, I would like to do what I was looking forward to when I got promoted. Train and develop.

Communicate to the field what is really going on. And please give the management in the centers the esteem they deserve. Back in "the day" it was a pretty big deal to be a CD and they were treated with respect and lifted up as managers. Now we are treated no differently that staff. You would think at least our name tags would say "Centre Director" on them.
    Trust the staff in the field. We know what is going on. We know the trends. Stop trying to convince us how the business is when we know it isn't. Work with us not against us. We want to succeed as much as you.
    And to Corporate/Nestle, raise the JCC pay. We have 10-20 year veterans out here making slightly more that someone who's been here for 5 years. Same for CDs. For what we are responsible for as Managers, our salary is not comparable to others in similar fields.

There are newer employer reviews for Jenny Craig.

Worked for Jenny Craig? Contribute to the Community!