Jenny Craig

www.jennycraig.com
  www.jennycraig.com
There are newer employer reviews for Jenny Craig

Change needs to Occur

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Supporting and affecting change in people's lives.
When I have time to actually do my job, being able to train my staff and watching them grow and succeed in their positions.

Cons

Same as all the aforementioned. Low pay, low morale, unrealistic expectations, inconsistent expectations. Job descriptions change "as needed'. No sense of job security based on progressive mission and the ever changing expectations. The policy of 2 employees in center at all times, unless it the CD, then it's ok just to lock the door, as if the CD's safety isn't important. I could go on but I've made my point. As a CD, I would like to do what I was looking forward to when I got promoted. Train and develop.

Communicate to the field what is really going on. And please give the management in the centers the esteem they deserve. Back in "the day" it was a pretty big deal to be a CD and they were treated with respect and lifted up as managers. Now we are treated no differently that staff. You would think at least our name tags would say "Centre Director" on them.
Trust the staff in the field. We know what is going on. We know the trends. Stop trying to convince us how the business is when we know it isn't. Work with us not against us. We want to succeed as much as you.
And to Corporate/Nestle, raise the JCC pay. We have 10-20 year veterans out here making slightly more that someone who's been here for 5 years. Same for CDs. For what we are responsible for as Managers, our salary is not comparable to others in similar fields.

287 Other Employee Reviews for Jenny Craig (View Most Recent)

Terrible place to work

Former Employee - Program Director
    Former Employee - Program Director

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

met some great people. Clients and co-workers.

Cons

get an award for being best program directer in the entire market in the same meeting you're receiving a write up for not "meeting quota". Unrealistic sales goals. "Consultation" time with clients so limited it became just a food ordering session with no possibility to support.

Less pushing of prepackaged calorie limited food, more focus on helping clients. Different pay structure.

Amazing clients but hard to get ahead if you don't kiss butt

Former Employee - Jenny Craig Consultant in Arlington, TX
    Former Employee - Jenny Craig Consultant in Arlington, TX

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Easy to make money and calculate the money that you want to bring home.
    Great clients, I met some pretty amazing people.
    Program works, food is delicious.
    Innovative ideas from within and always looking to improve.

Cons

If you aren't a butt kisser getting ahead may be hard. Gettting clients and having them stolen is no fun. People manipulate their numbers in their own favor so competition is usually not fair.

Care more about the happiness of your Consultants because they are where your money comes from.

There are newer employer reviews for Jenny Craig