It's a job

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time

Pros

The food perks are great, and fellow employees are generally nice.

Cons

The pay is not livable, and clients expect you to bend over backwards.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Change needs to Occur

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Supporting and affecting change in people's lives. When I have time to actually do my job, being able to train my staff and watching them grow and succeed in their positions.

Cons

Same as all the aforementioned. Low pay, low morale, unrealistic expectations, inconsistent expectations. Job descriptions change "as needed'. No sense of job security based on progressive mission and the ever changing expectations. The policy of 2 employees in center at all times, unless it the CD, then it's ok just to lock the door, as if the CD's safety isn't important. I could go on but I've made my point. As a CD, I would like to do what I was looking forward to when I got promoted. Train and develop.

Advice to Management

Communicate to the field what is really going on. And please give the management in the centers the esteem they deserve. Back in "the day" it was a pretty big deal to be a CD and they were treated with respect and lifted up as managers. Now we are treated no differently that staff. You would think at least our name tags would say "Centre Director" on them. Trust the staff in the field. We know what is going on. We know the trends. Stop trying to convince us how the business is when we know it isn't. Work with us not against us. We want to succeed as much as you. And to Corporate/Nestle, raise the JCC pay. We have 10-20 year veterans out here making slightly more that someone who's been here for 5 years. Same for CDs. For what we are responsible for as Managers, our salary is not comparable to others in similar fields.

Managers are pretending to play business.

Former Employee - Information Systems in Carlsbad, CA
    Former Employee - Information Systems in Carlsbad, CA

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Discounted Jenny meals ($2) if you are in need of losing weight. Also a Nestle store in the Jenny Craig corporate building is nice to buy discounted candy and ice cream.

Cons

There has been 4 waves of layoffs in 2012 as the company is hurting in this bad economy. There are many homegrown managers that have been with the company for 10+ years but, don't have a clue what they're doing and pretend like they do. In the last round of layoffs, about 7 managers were demoted which was over due to say the least. There has been an on going conflict between those with the "Ma & Pa Shop" attitude from when Jenny & Sid owned the company and the real corporate managers put in place by Nestle who now owns Jenny Craig. Until the company is ready to be a full blown grown up corporation with real management, there will always be high turn over and employee dissatisfaction there. Management goes in circles not accomplishing much year after year. The company morale is at an all time low and I do not recommend working for this company.

Advice to Management

Empower your employees, listen to them as they are in tune with what's happening outside of your 10 meetings a day with other managers, train your employees, hold people accountable for once, mentor and develop the employees who demonstrate growth potential, and stop burying the little issues as they are the ambers to the big fires that you're constantly having to put out. Also learn from Nestle on how to run a company!