Love helping people

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant
Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time

Pros

Love helping people get healthier!

Cons

Working weekends, too much crunching numbers and focusing on sale of food and product

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

It's a job

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time

Pros

The food perks are great, and fellow employees are generally nice.

Cons

The pay is not livable, and clients expect you to bend over backwards.

Change needs to Occur

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Supporting and affecting change in people's lives. When I have time to actually do my job, being able to train my staff and watching them grow and succeed in their positions.

Cons

Same as all the aforementioned. Low pay, low morale, unrealistic expectations, inconsistent expectations. Job descriptions change "as needed'. No sense of job security based on progressive mission and the ever changing expectations. The policy of 2 employees in center at all times, unless it the CD, then it's ok just to lock the door, as if the CD's safety isn't important. I could go on but I've made my point. As a CD, I would like to do what I was looking forward to when I got promoted. Train and develop.

Advice to Management

Communicate to the field what is really going on. And please give the management in the centers the esteem they deserve. Back in "the day" it was a pretty big deal to be a CD and they were treated with respect and lifted up as managers. Now we are treated no differently that staff. You would think at least our name tags would say "Centre Director" on them. Trust the staff in the field. We know what is going on. We know the trends. Stop trying to convince us how the business is when we know it isn't. Work with us not against us. We want to succeed as much as you. And to Corporate/Nestle, raise the JCC pay. We have 10-20 year veterans out here making slightly more that someone who's been here for 5 years. Same for CDs. For what we are responsible for as Managers, our salary is not comparable to others in similar fields.