There are newer employer reviews for Jenny Craig

Is that Tammy Faye or the Manager?

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CA

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time

Pros

Supporting clients with their health and fitness goals. Consultants do a great job of running the centre without supervision.

Cons

Management has done a great job of creating a hostile and abusive work environment. Isn't it supposed to be about helping the client? Instead employees' time is spent listening to management's dysfunctional private life and then being disciplined for not completing paperwork. Also, there's not much support for the male clients. Compensation is low.

Wait, isn't this why you're paid the big bucks?

reviews filtered by

Managers are pretending to play business.

Former Employee - Information Systems in Carlsbad, CA
    Former Employee - Information Systems in Carlsbad, CA

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Discounted Jenny meals ($2) if you are in need of losing weight. Also a Nestle store in the Jenny Craig corporate building is nice to buy discounted candy and ice cream.

Cons

There has been 4 waves of layoffs in 2012 as the company is hurting in this bad economy. There are many homegrown managers that have been with the company for 10+ years but, don't have a clue what they're doing and pretend like they do. In the last round of layoffs, about 7 managers were demoted which was over due to say the least. There has been an on going conflict between those with the "Ma & Pa Shop" attitude from when Jenny & Sid owned the company and the real corporate managers put in place by Nestle who now owns Jenny Craig. Until the company is ready to be a full blown grown up corporation with real management, there will always be high turn over and employee dissatisfaction there. Management goes in circles not accomplishing much year after year. The company morale is at an all time low and I do not recommend working for this company.

Empower your employees, listen to them as they are in tune with what's happening outside of your 10 meetings a day with other managers, train your employees, hold people accountable for once, mentor and develop the employees who demonstrate growth potential, and stop burying the little issues as they are the ambers to the big fires that you're constantly having to put out. Also learn from Nestle on how to run a company!

2. Some of the best years of my life were spent at Jenny Craig

Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant
    Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The one on one support is what sets the Jenny program ahead in the weight loss business. Supporting Clients and watching their success made me feel good to go to work everyday. I made good money for the work I did. Made lots of connections and friendships I'll take with me when I go.

Cons

The food is too expensive. So many times it was so hard having to say goodbye to clients before their weightloss was complete because they couldn't afford to continue.

Raise the conultants hourly wage to compensate for the clients not buying the JC food, and doing more food on their own.

There are newer employer reviews for Jenny Craig