Jenny Craig

www.jennycraig.com

Good at first, but went downhill

≪ Former IT Employee≫ (Former Employee) Carlsbad, CA

ProsGood people. Good benefits package. Decent severance package.
This was a very good place to work seven years ago, before the Nestle buy-out. (Casual dress was every day, for example.)

Cons(These comments apply to HQ.) Upper Management seems to be disconnected with employees, and doesn't seem to listen to input, although they say they do. (They removed the employee suggestion boxes years ago.) Current employment instability. Plus, pouring all resources into a software package that hasn't worked right in the 5 years it's been implemented.
They have too many meetings to be able to get any real work done. (They may even have some meetings about whether they are having too many meetings.)
Computer hardware is over 5 years old - too much money spent on bad software, not enough on good hardware.
Laying off employees will not improve the software. (They just had another round of layoffs two days ago.) And laying off the key people for supporting the software certainly won't help, either.

Advice to Senior ManagementScrap the current software package. It will never work the way it was intended, due to the poor way it was originally coded. Put more energy into your people than your software. And listen to them. They know what works and what doesn't.

MANAGEMENT NOT LEADING GOOD EXAMPLES FOR EMPLOYEES

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Jenny Craig offers some good vacation time. No… Cons: Management so far disconnected with their employees and no morale boosts at all. They have tons of meetings that accomplish nothing. The Corporate… Advice to Senior Management: Practice what you preach is one of the Nestle requirements which you are not doing. Be more sensitive to your employees needs and recognize… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Take this job only if you can't find something else.

JCC (Current Employee)

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good benefits, friendly co-workers, nothing else. Cons: Very low pay, you work on commission, but they keep having "specials" so it is hard to make any money on commission. Expect JCC to… Advice to Senior Management: They need treat your employee's better. They have a high… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Jenny Craig.

Worked for Jenny Craig? Contribute to the Community!