Jenny Craig

Don't believe the hyped

Former Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Jenny Craig

Pros

The opportunity to help others with their weight loss needs.

Cons

The control and manipulation over pay and hours.

Please be honest and respect the employees lives and opinions.

287 Other Employee Reviews for Jenny Craig (View Most Recent)

Love the clients, hate the company.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Jenny Craig

Pros

Very rewarding to see clients achieve results
    Program materials are very straight forward and easy for employees and clients to find useful information.
    The food really is great.
    I have found the motivational MOVE points useful.

Cons

Management has no regard for individual employees' needs, refuses to allow employees to choose working hours that suit them - even when centre's needs are met.
    lack of Benefits and commission pay structure for employees who should be helping clients - not pressuring them.
    Management follows labor law and even company policy when it suits them - not otherwise.

Make a concerted effort to find out why so many people become constipated on the program - fix it!
    Get the grit out of anytime bars.
    Pay employees and respect their time and needs - then turnover will be lower and you will lose fewer clients because their consultants leave - everybody wins!

dont work here

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Jenny Craig

Pros

some of the people who worked there were very good people. some that relly did love there job and helping help, but unfortunatly those were the ones that got stepped all over... (see cons)

Cons

it is all very cut throat, back stabbing, stealing clients... comission, comission, comission. unless you work 24/7 you can't seem to keep hold of clients and what you work so hard for. corperate makes these great insentive competions between all the other locations-we would bust our butt (seeing as we we always one of the highest grossing stores around), and still we were but mere $ off. it's like they knew it was impossible. AND THEN cause you busted your butt so hard that month, the next month they raise your quota. sooo, unless your a cut throat person, you will not do good here. nice guys def. finish last here.

play fair, your employees have lives and issues outside of work too, t's not jenny 24/7, words of encouragement never hurt, and above all down present the attitude of being better than everyone else. remember you're merely a manager... you are still a person, just like everyone else.

There are newer employer reviews for Jenny Craig