Horrible upper management

Pros

I was lucky to have a phenomenal center director and supportive team!! I can't say that for the other centers I have worked at. I have flexible hours and able to take off if I need to. Also, I meet a lot of great people and have enjoyed most of the people I have met.

Cons

Market directors are horrible.... We are required to work on most holidays and the pay is horrible. Directors can favor consultants and help them make more money than others. Higher ups assume we can make grown adults want to lose weight. Also, they are terrible at hiring new people when needed and leave whole centers with only 2-3 employees. This makes it impossible for anyone to take vacation or call in sick. The market directors don't care if your on vacation and will call 15 times to bother you. They should know better but don't care

Advice to Management

-give more off time during holidays -don't badger managers when they are on vacation by market directors -learn to have better incentives -don't leave whole centers with only 3 employees!! -stop blaming us for not motivating grown adults who chose not to come in for weight loss.

Other Employee Reviews for Jenny Craig

Going Down Hill Fast

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time

Pros

It is a great place to help people attain their weight loss goals. You get to have a positive impact in their lives and meet and sometimes be friends with amazing people. In my many years with jenny I have worked with super coworkers with a few bad apples thrown in. For many years I worked hard and made very good money.

Cons

In the last year or so the executives have tried changes at jenny from clients not able to call centres directly (having to go thru call center) to now trying several new pilot compensation plans for field employees. Unless a person is working there less than a year -- everyone is going to take a HUGE hit on their income. Of course they present it as a good thing for the team in centres -- bonus's are higher but from past experience not going to happen even half the year. Without a probable bonus we will be relying on the base salary. Almost all employees in centres will take an $8,000 to $25,000 cut in yearly income.

Advice to Management

Pay all employees a wage that we can live on. I see more and more people leaving. And then they wonder why there is a huge ever growing turnover. It is disheartening and sad.

2. A Circus!

Current Employee - Program Director
    Current Employee - Program Director

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time

Pros

The handful of clients that actually lose weight.

Cons

CD did not know my name for three months. She lied to me about job requirements (working both wkd days) then gave the next new hire a wkd day off for she would not agree to work here. The CD told me she had to do that for she needed bodies!!! Terrible pay. Impossible to reach commission bonus. All staff has to stab each other in the back to make sales. No one wants to go to lunch for fear of losing a sale. Lunches are not always even permitted due to under staff or being paired w incapable staff so CD does not have to work wkds. They let anyone join even if severely sick. My "Trainer" says ain't....Really???? The new Diabetic Menus were just thrown into the mix. Four hr training by someone who knew very little about diabetes! Horrible work environment. " do as I say, not as I do " leadership. Please let me know how to reach Montey Sharma!!!!!

Advice to Management

Find out who is really working for you. i have a masters degree in Clinical Exercise Physiology with a strong back ground in weight loss and pathology. I was just demoted to a consultant due to new company standards! REALLY???????????