Jenny Craig

www.jennycraig.com
There are newer employer reviews for Jenny Craig

Horrible upper management

I have been working at Jenny Craig

Pros

I was lucky to have a phenomenal center director and supportive team!! I can't say that for the other centers I have worked at. I have flexible hours and able to take off if I need to. Also, I meet a lot of great people and have enjoyed most of the people I have met.

Cons

Market directors are horrible.... We are required to work on most holidays and the pay is horrible. Directors can favor consultants and help them make more money than others. Higher ups assume we can make grown adults want to lose weight. Also, they are terrible at hiring new people when needed and leave whole centers with only 2-3 employees. This makes it impossible for anyone to take vacation or call in sick.

The market directors don't care if your on vacation and will call 15 times to bother you. They should know better but don't care

-give more off time during holidays
-don't badger managers when they are on vacation by market directors
-learn to have better incentives
-don't leave whole centers with only 3 employees!!
-stop blaming us for not motivating grown adults who chose not to come in for weight loss.

290 Other Employee Reviews for Jenny Craig (View Most Recent)

Loved helping people

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The clients....helping them lose weight.. The potential to make money is there.

Cons

The base pay is very low. Micro managing from management.

Pay more ...let people do the job they are hired to do.

Going Down Hill Fast

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time

Pros

It is a great place to help people attain their weight loss goals. You get to have a positive impact in their lives and meet and sometimes be friends with amazing people. In my many years with jenny I have worked with super coworkers with a few bad apples thrown in. For many years I worked hard and made very good money.

Cons

In the last year or so the executives have tried changes at jenny from clients not able to call centres directly (having to go thru call center) to now trying several new pilot compensation plans for field employees. Unless a person is working there less than a year -- everyone is going to take a HUGE hit on their income. Of course they present it as a good thing for the team in centres -- bonus's are higher but from past experience not going to happen even half the year. Without a probable bonus we will be relying on the base salary. Almost all employees in centres will take an $8,000 to $25,000 cut in yearly income.

Pay all employees a wage that we can live on. I see more and more people leaving. And then they wonder why there is a huge ever growing turnover. It is disheartening and sad.

There are newer employer reviews for Jenny Craig