Jenny Craig

www.jennycraig.com

LOve what you do and the people, not for money.

Former Employee - Center Director  in  Raleigh, NC
Former Employee - Center Director in Raleigh, NC

Pros

If you love helping people, clients, then you'll love this job.
Solid program - it works.

Cons

You are not getting rich here.
JC, like the rest of the industry has its challenges.

You're doing the right things.

Other reviews for Jenny Craig

Info for Ft. Lauderdale consultant seeking more info for new compensation

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

Making good money but apparently not for long and I like helping clients reach their goal, flexible hours

Cons

I have a friend who is in the DFW new compensation plan for jenny. Consultants who have been there less than 10 years got a hourly pay raise ranging from $2 to $4 an hour, anyone over 10 years got maybe about a $1 an hour raise. There is no wage increase once you hit the top hourly wage at 10 years.
     There is no more commission for anything apparently. The only way to make anymore than your hourly pay is if your center makes quota ( it goes up in 5% increments. Which means your market director sets your quota and that is not always set in a fair way for all centers ( so you could have a very high quota which is almost impossible to meet ) and if you have just one slacker in your center that could also sabotage your chances to get any quota bonus.
     I heard they also just rolled out a comeback bonus too. So unless you can get every client to come back every 2 weeks you lose again. That bonus is also on a sliding scale but also it is a center bonus again too.
     A couple of people could be doing all the work to make sure to get bonus's and other staff could do almost nothing and get the same bonus as those who work. Nothing is different for those in high volume centers and those centers who do less than half of a high volume revenue center. I understand that there is supposed to be one other area coming soon.
     I was also told that people are leaving because they can't count on these bonus's ( they are bonus's and have no guarantee you will get them ). Apparently these employees are having trouble being able to pay their bills. I think all this reduction in salary is because jenny has been losing money and now that they are going to be associated with Curves the new CEO wants to lower jenny employee wages to more like Curves lower wages. I am not looking forward to this when it hits me. They seem to think experience is not worth anything and neither is bringing lots of money into centers. You get paid apparently only for how long you have worked for jenny and that is only to 10 years employment -- not for how you perform !!!!!!

Pay employees a fair wage for what they do

Unrealistic expectations

Former Employee - Program Director
    Former Employee - Program Director

Pros

Working with clients throughout their weight lose journey

Cons

Everything else about the company

Treat your employees with respect

There are newer employer reviews for Jenny Craig.

Worked for Jenny Craig? Contribute to the Community!